GOAL: Advance the mission of Gracehaven, an affiliate of Central Ohio Youth for Christ, by ensuring that the group home’s medical-related policies and procedures are in line with best practices and continue to meet regulatory requirements.
- Responsible to foster a safe environment for staff to better serve youth
- Responsible to assess, document, communicate and confirm implementation of each client’s Medical Treatment Plan
- Responsible to assess medical-related policies and practices, ensuring compliance with stated policies
- Regularly consider training needs of staff.
- Responsible to maintain compliance with the state of Ohio for nursing License and other regulatory requirements
- Responsible to participate in Gracehaven events and supervisory/team meetings
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Ensure a Safe Environment for Staff
- Promote personal safety and a safe environment for participants and co-workers.
- Perform duties in accordance with agency policies, procedures, and professional and community standards.
- Responsible for ordering medical equipment and supplies, as needed.
Responsible to Assess, Document, Communicate and Confirm Implementation of each Client’s Medical Treatment Plan
- Assess Client’s Medical Needs, developing a treatment plan, if applicable, and ensure the plan is implemented. Evaluate and adjust the plan, as needed, keeping campus leadership informed of progress and needed changes.
- Ensure medications are administered, as prescribed by the physician, and are documented accordingly. Re-train staff in safely administering medications as prescribed by physicians, as needed.
- Assist with client examinations and procedures, as needed, and specifically at intake and upon return from an unauthorized leave of absence. May perform procedures such as dressing wounds, etc. May provide emergency care for clients, or refer to emergency medical care.
- Assist, as needed, with creation of Safety Plans for youth with behavioral or medical risks.
Advocate for Client Medical Health with Client Care Team, Outside Providers and Family Members
- Coordinate any medical needs with the client’s care team, outside providers and agencies, and family members, as needed.
- Provide health education, including self-care and wellness issues, to patients and their families. Serve as an advocate on behalf of patients.
- Communicate with all members of the youth’s service team via ISP reviews, specifically providing professional input regarding medical contraindications.
- Be available for 24x7 on-call scheduling for medical escalations.
- Respond on-call via phone, telehealth or in person, as deemed necessary.
- Work with other nursing and medical services to ensure on-call services are available and functioning as needed.
Maintain Compliance with State for Nursing License and Other Regulatory Agencies
- Maintain ongoing training hours to stay in compliance with state licensure board, and agency policies.
- Assure program participant privacy is maintained by being knowledgeable and following HIPAA privacy and security regulations.
Participate in Gracehaven Events and Supervisory/Team Meetings
- Attend Staff Meetings and Leadership Team Meetings
- Assist in all Gracehaven Fundraising Events
- Participate in Bi-weekly Supervision
Because COYFC, its affiliates and subsidiaries are a part of the same faith-based organization and share a faith mission and set of values, we require all employees to consistently apply and live according to the religious mission and theological beliefs. You are asked to:
- Articulate and uphold COYFC religious beliefs and practices at work and outside of work.
- Each employee serves to represent the religious message and mission of COYFC (as outlined in the Statement of Faith and Mission) to the broader community.
- Be ready and willing to lead and contribute to distinctly Christian activities.
- Seek God’s guidance and wisdom, through prayer and meditation, for Gracehaven youth and for the organization as a whole.
- Regularly pray for and share spiritual content when asked by the youth to share.
- Regularly encourage and lift each other up with the Gospel.
Credentials Required & Preferred Education
● Registered Nurse licensed in the State of Ohio.
● One (1) year of nursing experience preferred.
● Training and/or experience in working with traumatized adolescents preferred and willing to receive trauma informed care training
● Agreement with the Central Ohio Youth for Christ and Gracehaven Standards of Conduct and Statement of Faith.
YFC is classified as an Association of Churches and as such our hiring practices reflect that designation. As a religious nonprofit organization, Youth For Christ incorporates within each leader role, the requirement to model, teach, share and live the faith. The relationship between YFC’s mission and each of its leaders is its lifeblood and as such does at all times and in all instances reserve the right to make employment decisions based upon a person’s religious beliefs, personal character and lifestyle consistent with our understanding of the Bible or with our overall goals and requirements for Christian ministry.
We seek to create a workplace that is intentional about Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Our commitment to our employees extends to their opportunities for growth, development, promotion, training and compensation.
We will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to the organization.