The Rebalance Coach is a position that requires spiritual and organizational leadership skills, the ability to work with and through other people, and strong communication skills. S/he must embrace and be part of a team that embodies YFC’s Cultural Attributes: Christ-centered, enduring humility, relentless trust, courageous faithfulness, joyful camaraderie, and kingdom inspired diversity. S/he will seek to implement relational ministry actions to develop Authentic Christ-Sharing Relationships with young people within the context of their YFC ministry model.
Rebalance coaches will receive training for NCYFC that includes:
- RMA App & Round Table Tracking Form
- 3 Story
- Abuse Training
- YFC National Online Orientation Training
- TBRI Training
- Round Tables Training
- Motivational Interviewing Introduction
Rebalance & Followup Programing 60% 25 hours
- Rebalance classes and partaking in transition to follow up programs and pursuing Relational Ministry Actions (RMAs) 15 hours
- Combo of meet one-on-one with youth for mentoring & work Friday nights at our youth center 10 hours
- Work with students in Rebalance
- prepare ahead of time for classes
- Deliver classes (must be able to perform physical tasks associated with the class activities. Ie. Obstacle course, jumping into air bag, etc)
- cleanup from classes
- actively pursue improvement from class observations
- Follow up with students
- keep yourself aware of all programing options within NCYFC
- attend other programming options.
- help kids make a connection from Rebalance to follow up programs
- Do all of the RMAs & Milestones
- Track in the App
- Meet or exceed all national standards
- Keep supervisor aware of ministry health, progress and challenges
- Meet with supervisor twice per month
- Be part of ministry oriented trips and events
- 3 per year
- Model ministry by remaining involved with teenagers in some capacity
- Being part of the Friday night youth center activities
- Take students on appointments
- attend weekly all staff meetings
- attend bi-weekly Rebalance staff meetings
Ministry Health 30% 8 hours
- Develop our ministry site
- Implement Rebalance-a combo of City Life with TBRI & RoundTables & Motivational Interviewing
- Align our program budget
- Keep track of any finances you are responsible for (check monthly)
- Continue relationship with businesses
- Contact case managers as needed
- Create/change/evaluate paperwork for Rebalance attendees (weekly)
- Attend city meetings
Ministry Growth 15% 3 hours
- Learn our ministry
- Implement our program
- Help implement, create programming (City Life)
- Support volunteers in our ministry
- Support training with volunteers in implementing our programming (training quarterly)
- Volunteers have HR requirements met (check quarterly)
Leadership Development 15% 2 hours
- Professional development in additional parts of the program delivered by (Program Director)
- Demonstrate and train on behind the scenes program
Donor Development 10% 2 hours
- Support our annual fundraiser and golf tournament
- Prepare/advertise/work at the fundraiser (yearly)
- Expand the newsletter and donor communications we have by getting people in your circle of influence to receive communication from our organization
- Maintain grants
- Monthly reports/reporting guidelines
- Obtain contracts
If you have any condition that would preclude you from doing the job as summarized in the job duties, or otherwise may require special accommodations on our part, please let us know at this time.
All duties may be adjusted as the job expectations shift.
Because the overriding religious purpose and mission of Youth for Christ USA is to communicate and introduce the Gospel of Jesus Christ to young people and their families, and in that regard to make, educate and encourage life-long disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ, it is very important that you as an employee in the movement of Youth for Christ be recognized as an associate minister of the Gospel.
As an employee of Youth for Christ and an associate minister of the Gospel, YFC expects all employees to:
- Seek God’s guidance and wisdom, through prayer and meditation, for the organization as a whole as well as for specific ministry initiatives.
- Participate and lead regular times of prayer, devotion and worship as a regular aspect of your role within YFC.
- Teach and preach from the Holy Bible at YFC staff meetings, conferences, camps and events.
- Model empathy, humility and care for all people. This includes promoting equity and inclusion in word and in the practice of faith expression. YFC employees will have an opportunity to be commissioned or licensed as a minister of the Gospel through the established Youth for Christ process, and/or ordained by an outside body recognized by Youth for Christ USA.
Knowledge & Skills
- Embrace and utilize the trained tactics of Trust Based Relational Intervention, Motivational Interviewing, and Round Tables
- Embraces the vision, mission and Statement of Faith of YFC
- Participation in YFC’s Blueprint for Leadership
- Understands YFC’s 5 Essentials and leads through this model
- Strong moral character and of good repute
- Connect well with youth
- Well-spoken in front of youth and adults
- Honors and pursues diversity of gifts, cultures and ethnicities
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Good relationship building skills with adults and young people
- Perseverance through opposition and obstacles
- Spanish speaker is preferred but not required
Our cultural attributes are not about competency. It is an obedience to the call of Christ on our lives. YFC believes that spiritually healthy adults fosters healthy relationships with our kids. We place a heavy commitment and emphasis on developing and equipping a Christ-centered life marked by Enduring Humility, Relentless Trust, Joyful Camaraderie, Courageous Faithfulness and Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Willing to demonstrate and/or possesses the following:
- Ability to humbly serve and honor others even in difficult situations with prayer, consistency, transparency, and resilience. (Enduring Humility)
- Demonstrates proper reliance on God, others, and self through generous giving of time and skills, by collaboratively incorporating others’ ideas, welcoming candid input, recognizing others’ need for grace and extending forgiveness and empathy. (Relentless Trust)
- Prioritizes others’ needs for a missional outcome, characterized by joy, with active listening and problem-solving skills, while encouraging and empowering fellow believers. (Joyful Camaraderie)
- Trusts God with new approaches and changes, and communicates needs and limits with emotional intelligence, while seeking confidence and wisdom in Christ. (Courageous Faithfulness)
- Seeks authentic Christ-Centered relationships with people of various backgrounds, fosters an inviting environment and empowers historically marginalized groups and indigenous populations (within the local context), through active listening, inclusion, advocacy for those who are vulnerable and respect of others’ experiences. (Kingdom Inspired Diversity)
Credentials Required & Preferred Education
All YFC employees are expected to regularly and actively participate in faithful activities that advance the stewardship functions of YFC USA. These activities will include—but are not limited to— extending invitations to fund raising events, recruiting personal circle of influence/YFC donor contacts, sending letters, handwritten notes, personal calls, and personally ministering to donor contacts.
Compensation: Northern Colorado Youth for Christ will pay you a starting salary of $1,666.67 semi-monthly, which is equivalent to $40,000 on an annual basis.
Hours: This is a Full-Time position requiring approximately 40 hours per week.
Employee Benefits: As a full-time employee of Northern Colorado Youth for Christ, you will be eligible to participate in a number of Company-sponsored benefits.
- Paid vacation days as per employee handbook
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days (6 each year)
- These can be used for physical illeness or as a mental health day
- Aflac Accident Coverage
YFC is classified as an Association of Churches and as such our hiring practices reflect that designation. As a religious nonprofit organization, Youth For Christ incorporates within each leader role, the requirement to model, teach, share and live the faith. The relationship between YFC’s mission and each of its leaders is its lifeblood and as such does at all times and in all instances reserve the right to make employment decisions based upon a person’s religious beliefs, personal character and lifestyle consistent with our understanding of the Bible or with our overall goals and requirements for Christian ministry.
We seek to create a workplace that is intentional about Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Our commitment to our employees extends to their opportunities for growth, development, promotion, training and compensation.
We will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to the organization.