June 29, 2022
Location / Chapter
Parent Life is a program under Youth for Christ that offers physical, emotional, and spiritual support for young parents in high school who are pregnant or raising a child. The Parent Life Director is a position that requires spiritual and organizational leadership skills, the ability to work with and through other people, and strong communication skills. She must embrace and build a team that embodies YFC’s Cultural Attributes: Christ-centered, enduring humility, relentless trust, courageous faithfulness, joyful camaraderie, and kingdom inspired diversity. She will seek to implement relational ministry actions to develop Authentic Christ-Sharing Relationships with young people within the context of their YFC ministry model.
Ministry Team Development (60%)
● Recruit, train, and maintain volunteer ministry leader team in accordance with the processes found in the Knowledge Base
● Establish necessary support and guidelines to ensure healthy and growing ministry at all sites
● Report progress and ministry updates to YFC
● Establish connections with neighboring schools and work with their staff to help best reach young parents
● Share with local churches the Parent Life program for networking, fundraising, and volunteer help
Relational Ministry Action Development (30%)
● Responsible for managing, facilitating and serving in the Relational Ministry Actions (RMAs)
● Plan in-school club meetings for teen parents and facilitate small group times outside of school
● Connect volunteers with teen parents for one-on-one mentorship programming
● Train and evaluate ministry site leaders in the implementation of curriculum materials
Because the overriding religious purpose and mission of Youth for Christ USA is to communicate and introduce the Gospel of Jesus Christ to young people and their families, and in that regard to make, educate and encourage life-long disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ, it is very important that you as an employee in the movement of Youth for Christ be recognized as an associate minister of the Gospel.
As an employee of Youth for Christ and an associate minister of the Gospel, YFC expects all employees to:
Knowledge & Skills
Our cultural attributes are not about competency. It is an obedience to the call of Christ on our lives. YFC believes that spiritually healthy adults fosters healthy relationships with our kids. We place a heavy commitment and emphasis on developing and equipping a Christ-centered life marked by Enduring Humility, Relentless Trust, Joyful Camaraderie, Courageous Faithfulness and Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Willing to demonstrate and/or possesses the following:
Credentials Required & Preferred Education
All YFC employees are expected to regularly and actively participate in faithful activities that advance the stewardship functions of YFC USA. These activities will include—but are not limited to— extending invitations to fund raising events, recruiting personal circle of influence/YFC donor contacts, sending letters, handwritten notes, personal calls, and personally ministering to donor contacts.
YFC is classified as an Association of Churches and as such our hiring practices reflect that designation. As a religious nonprofit organization, Youth For Christ incorporates within each leader role, the requirement to model, teach, share and live the faith. The relationship between YFC’s mission and each of its leaders is its lifeblood and as such does at all times and in all instances reserve the right to make employment decisions based upon a person’s religious beliefs, personal character and lifestyle consistent with our understanding of the Bible or with our overall goals and requirements for Christian ministry.
We seek to create a workplace that is intentional about Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Our commitment to our employees extends to their opportunities for growth, development, promotion, training and compensation.
We will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to the organization.