January 5, 2024
Location / Chapter
Blue Mountain Area
Campus Life MS
$15 an hour
34 per month
Hermiston Oregon Campus Life Intern
34 hours per month required
$15 an hour.
(Option to increase hours if opportunity presents itself.)
• A strong and growing faith in Christ.
• At least one year out of High School.
• Has a strong desire to serve in ministry.
• A desire to care for and work with teenagers.
• A hunger to learn with a teachable disposition.
Make a real difference in the lives of Umatilla County's youth as an intern at Campus Life!
Campus Life is passionate about helping young people find their true identity and sense of belonging in the love of God. As an intern, you'll play a vital role in creating a safe and supportive environment where youth can feel loved and accepted. You'll gain valuable experience in youth ministry, develop your leadership skills, and make a lasting impact on the lives of others.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Leading by example in your actions and words.
● Weekly Campus Life gatherings for both middle and high school students.
● Message prep for middle school and presenting 10 min message to middle school group.
● Helping promote events and trips.
● Going on various trips and outings throughout the year with Campus Life as a leader and/or helper.
○ Trips/outings: rafting, tubing, snowboarding, Christian concerts, conferences, overnight youth camps.
● Becoming a mentor for at least one student to help them grow in their relationship with Christ.
● Attend yearly training trips through YFC.
● Helping kids get plugged into local youth groups in the area.
● Assisting with reaching out to current and potential donors.
● Participate in and assist with fundraisers throughout the year.
● Helping with building maintenance or cleaning.
● Being willing to offer assistance with a variety of reasonable task for Jeff and Ashley as needs arise.
All applicants will be interviewed by the Executive Director and possibly board members. Applicants will be background screened and will require training through Executive Directors and Youth for Christ.
Because the overriding religious purpose and mission of Youth for Christ USA is to communicate and introduce the Gospel of Jesus Christ to young people and their families, and in that regard to make, educate and encourage life-long disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ, it is very important that you as an employee in the movement of Youth for Christ be recognized as an associate minister of the Gospel. As an employee of Youth for Christ and an associate minister of the Gospel, YFC expects all employees to:
Knowledge & Skills
Our cultural attributes are not about competency. It is an obedience to the call of Christ on our lives. YFC believes that spiritually healthy adults fosters healthy relationships with our kids. We place a heavy commitment and emphasis on developing and equipping a Christ-centered life marked by Enduring Humility, Relentless Trust, Joyful Camaraderie, Courageous Faithfulness and Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Willing to demonstrate/or possesses the following:
Credentials Required & Preferred Education
(the minimum level of education, experience and certifications acceptable for the position), (the preferred education, experience and certifications acceptable for the position)
All YFC employees are expected to regularly and actively participate in faithful activities that advance the stewardship functions of YFC/USA. These activities will include—but are not limited to— extending invitations to fund raising events, recruiting personal circle of influence/YFC donor contacts, sending letters, handwritten notes, personal calls, and personally ministering to donor contacts.
YFC is classified as an Association of Churches and as such our hiring practices reflect that designation. As a religious nonprofit organization, Youth For Christ incorporates within each leader role, the requirement to model, teach, share and live the faith. The relationship between YFC’s mission and each of its leaders is its lifeblood and as such does at all times and in all instances reserve the right to make employment decisions based upon a person’s religious beliefs, personal character and lifestyle consistent with our understanding of the Bible or with our overall goals and requirements for Christian ministry.
We seek to create a workplace that is intentional about Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Our commitment to our employees extends to their opportunities for growth, development, promotion, training and compensation.
We will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to the organization.