December 11, 2023
Location / Chapter
Central Ohio Area
Equip Skills Center - North
GOAL: To advance the mission and vision of Equip Skills Center by leading training for advanced students, facilitating job placement and assisting Lead Mechanic.
● Recruit students for intermediate/advanced training program
● Implement automotive and career readiness training
● Supervise interns for Equip Skills Center
● Fulfill COYFC staff and spiritual leadership responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
● Recruit intermediate/advanced students from Intro class graduates to achieve annual goals
● Recruit and supervise interns for Equip Skills Center
● Collaborate with Program Coordinator to achieve annual goals for student recruitment and job/internship placement
● Establish an environment conducive to learning and meaningful student involvement
● Support Program Coordinator in ensuring Intermediate/Advanced classes have high-quality programming and content that prepares students for workplace success
● Evaluate and track student progress by maintaining proper records
● Help students identify and cultivate mechanical aptitude and develop positive character traits and workplace readiness
● Ensure learning outcomes are delivered according to program goals
● Serve as a role model and mentor to students
● Support Auto Sales Manager and Lead Mechanic on repairs and maintenance
● Inspect vehicles to determine needed service and repairs
● Work with Program Coordinator and Equip Skills Center staff to maintain and grow programming
● Comply with all COYFC policies and procedures relevant to the program
Because COYFC and its subsidiaries are a part of the same faith-based organization and share a faith mission and set of values, we require all employees to consistently apply and live according to the religious mission and theological beliefs. Each staff member, regardless of role, is asked to:
● Articulate and uphold COYFC religious beliefs and practices at work and outside of work. Each employee serves to represent the religious message and mission of COYFC (as outlined in the Statement of Faith and Mission) to the broader community.
● Be ready and willing to lead and contribute to distinctly Christian activities such as devotional worship or prayer services.
Because the overriding religious purpose and mission of Youth for Christ USA is to communicate and introduce the Gospel of Jesus Christ to young people and their families, and in that regard, to make, educate and encourage life-long disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ, it is very important that you as an employee in the movement of Youth for Christ be recognized as an associate minister of the Gospel.
As an employee of Youth for Christ and a minister of the Gospel, COYFC expects all employees to:
• Seek God’s guidance and wisdom, through prayer and meditation, for the organization as a whole as well as for specific ministry initiatives.
• Participate and lead regular times of prayer, devotion and worship as a regular aspect of your role within YFC.
• Regularly share the gospel message with students who come into contact with COYFC ministries
YFC is classified as an Association of Churches and as such our hiring practices reflect that designation. As a religious nonprofit organization, Youth For Christ incorporates within each leader role, the requirement to model, teach, share and live the faith. The relationship between YFC’s mission and each of its leaders is its lifeblood and as such does at all times and in all instances reserve the right to make employment decisions based upon a person’s religious beliefs, personal character and lifestyle consistent with our understanding of the Bible or with our overall goals and requirements for Christian ministry.
We seek to create a workplace that is intentional about Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Our commitment to our employees extends to their opportunities for growth, development, promotion, training and compensation.
We will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to the organization.