August 9, 2023
Location / Chapter
Central Ohio Area
Eastside City Life High School Ministry
Supervisor: City Life East Site Leader
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
GOAL: To work as part of the team to advance the mission and vision of Central Ohio Youth for Christ through implementing YFC’s 5 Essentials and Holistic Community Development Model with excellence among the teens on the Eastside. As well as help recruit and train Volunteers and VIT’s to disciple/mentor CL Teens to be life-long followers who lead.
● Responsible to work with adult leaders who facilitate Youth for Christ’s holistic model of programming and relationship building.
● Responsible to assist the City Life East team to accomplish their outreach/program, and spiritual goals annually.
● Responsible to fulfill COYFC staff responsibilities
● Responsible to fulfill Spiritual Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Holistic Model & Leader Development
● Contribute to implementation of Holistic Model Programming by recruiting and building relationships with students and volunteer ministry leaders.
● Become an excellent practitioner and champion of YFC’s 5 Essentials and RMA’s, and working with volunteer team to grow in implementing the 5 Essentials and RMA’s
● Prayerfully pursue, share gospel with, and disciple high school youth
● Attend and encourage volunteers and VIT’s to participate in trips, events and All-Area Clubs.
City Life Club and Leadership Team Duties
● Actively participate in weekly Club, Bible studies, and outreach meetings
● Regularly pray for teens, Volunteer Ministry Leaders and student leaders
● Attend, recruit students to, and help lead camps and retreats
● Diligently work with team to proactively prevent discipline issues promptly, effectively, and redemptively
● Help with finding and coordinating games and activities for Club nights and small groups
● Spend time weekly with students outside of regular meeting times to focus on their individual needs
● Help ministry leaders be successful by including them in relational activities with students
● Attend and participate in ministry leader team meetings
● Work with site leader to ensure that all ministry leaders complete and comply with annual training requirements, chartering, and updating other necessary volunteer paperwork
● Assist with other ministry responsibilities as needed
● Participate in internship learning opportunities
COYFC Staff Responsibilities
● Participate in weekly supervision meetings
● Regularly check and promptly respond to work related e-mail.
● Fill out timesheet turn in to supervisor each week
● Complete Paycor payroll time card weekly
● Show up ready to work on time.
● Help ensure that ministry data is collected and turned in to COYFC and YFC/USA
● Support COYFC Development efforts by inviting 2 new attendees each year to See the Story tours and the Be the Story event
● Regularly participate in City Life internship learning opportunities
● Agree with and abide by YFC Statement of Faith and Standards of Conduct
Because the overriding religious purpose and mission of Youth for Christ USA is to communicate and introduce the Gospel of Jesus Christ to young people and their families, and in that regard to make, educate and encourage life long disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ, it is very important that you as an employee in the movement of Youth for Christ be recognized as an associate minister of the Gospel.
As an employee of Youth for Christ and a minister of the Gospel, COYFC expects all employees to:
• Seek God’s guidance and wisdom, through prayer and meditation, for the organization as a whole as well as for specific ministry initiatives.
• Participate and lead regular times of prayer, devotion and worship as a regular aspect of your role within YFC.
• Regularly share the gospel message with students who come into contact with COYFC ministries
Hours: 15 hours per week
Duration: Minimum 1 year commitment with option for an additional year based on performance
YFC is classified as an Association of Churches and as such our hiring practices reflect that designation. As a religious nonprofit organization, Youth For Christ incorporates within each leader role, the requirement to model, teach, share and live the faith. The relationship between YFC’s mission and each of its leaders is its lifeblood and as such does at all times and in all instances reserve the right to make employment decisions based upon a person’s religious beliefs, personal character and lifestyle consistent with our understanding of the Bible or with our overall goals and requirements for Christian ministry.
We seek to create a workplace that is intentional about Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Our commitment to our employees extends to their opportunities for growth, development, promotion, training and compensation.
We will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to the organization.