October 16, 2023
Location / Chapter
Platte Valley Nebraska Area
Juvenile Justice Ministry
$38,800 Base Salary
Job Description: Community Ministry Director
Position title: CMD for Platte Valley (Adams/Hall counties)
Reports to: Executive Director
Job status: Full-time (40-50 hours per week), Exempt
Education and Experience: Associate’s degree minimum; bachelor’s degree preferred. Previous experience working with justice-involved youth preferred.
Summary of position:
The Director will develop a relationship with juvenile agencies/social services in the Platte Valley area for the purpose of fulfilling the YFC vision and mission inside facilities, in the communities we serve and during aftercare. The CMD requires spiritual and organizational leadership skills, the ability to work with and through other people, communication skills, a heart for reaching young people with the gospel and the ability to minister to youth in evangelism and discipleship within the context of YFC methodology. The Director will seek to implement relational ministry actions (RMAs) to see lifelong followers of Jesus become contributing members of society and leaders in their community.
Direct the JJM (including but not limited to YRTC Hastings) and Parent Life (including but not limited to Hastings and Grand Island) ministry models by implementing all applicable Processes, Standards and Best Practices (PSBP’s). Recruit and empower volunteers in order to maintain the health and growth of these two ministry models for the YFC Chapter. Invest in individual youth based on capacity and ministry growth.
Needed skills and gift sets:
● Embraces the vision, mission and Statement of Faith of Youth for Christ
● Participation in YFC’s Blueprint for Leadership
● Understands and implements YFC’s 5 Essentials & 3Story
● Is passionate and excitedly in love with Christ and His Church
● Strong moral character and of good repute
● Connects well with youth
● Well-spoken in front of youth and adults
● Team building skills (10 per ministry site typical)
● Honors and pursues diversity of gifts, cultures, work styles and temperaments
● Excellent oral, written, interpersonal and presentation skills
● Able to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
● Good relationship building skills with State/County staff and social service organizations
● Gift of mercy, Encourager, Steadfast, Adaptable, Teachable, Self-motivated
● Basic technology skills with a willingness to learn
● Reflects all YFC Cultural Attributes
Duties and Responsibilities:
Ministry Development: (20%)
The CMD is responsible for growing and stewarding the JJM and Parent Life ministry models:
● Implement all applicable PSBP’s.
● Manage each model’s budget and participate in the budgeting process.
● Fundraise, develop and manage all resources necessary for effective community ministry in the Platte Valley area. Learn and implement STS/BTS/Champions model. Participate in all chapter fundraising activities.
● Communicate with prayer teams and donors and contribute to chapter wide communications.
● Contribute to and attend all staff meetings, trainings, conferences and special events.
● Shared administrative duties as assigned.
Team Development: (40%)
The CMD is responsible for the professional development and supervision of current ministry leaders and volunteer team members, and the recruitment, selection, training and placement of new team members to do the work of JJM/PL to include the following:
● Establish relationships with County, State, or private agencies where youth reside or are connected.
● Recruit, Train, and Maintain Ministry Leader Volunteers with a variety of gift sets and involvement.
● Create a strong connection between local churches and ministry sites.
● Provide training materials and ministry site standards for volunteer/ministry site team development.
● Establish necessary guidelines to ensure healthy and growing ministry at all sites.
● Be an advocate in the community for this population of young people to raise awareness of their needs.
● Report progress and ministry updates to YFC using Impact or alternative.
Relational Ministry Action Development: (40%)
The JJM Director will be responsible for overseeing the facilitation of JJM and PL RMA’s.
● Meet the needs of the ministry models/sites with applicable relational ministry action (RMA) requirements:
● Train and evaluate ministry site staff or volunteers in the implementation of RMA’s and curriculum materials.
● Take a lead role in developing challenge course lessons, piloting equine ministry and other programs to more effectively reach youth.
(And other duties as assigned)
What you can expect from YFC:
As a ministry within YFC you will be a part of a bigger organization and team. We will resource, train, coach, and pray with you for your ministry site and the youth whom Jesus will transform for eternity!
Platte Valley Youth For Christ is a spiritual association and all employees are part of this spiritual body. Every employee must lead an exemplary life, fully sharing and abiding by the religious beliefs of the organization.
1. As an employee of Youth For Christ, a religious organization, and a minister of the Gospel, YFC expects all employees to:
a. Seek God’s guidance and wisdom, through prayer and meditation, for the organization as a whole as well as for specific ministry initiatives.
b. Participate and lead regular times of prayer, devotion and worship as a regular aspect of your role within YFC.
c. Teaching and preach from the Holy Bible at YFC staff meetings, conferences, camps and events.
YFC is classified as an Association of Churches and as such our hiring practices reflect that designation. As a religious nonprofit organization, Youth For Christ incorporates within each leader role, the requirement to model, teach, share and live the faith. The relationship between YFC’s mission and each of its leaders is its lifeblood and as such does at all times and in all instances reserve the right to make employment decisions based upon a person’s religious beliefs, personal character and lifestyle consistent with our understanding of the Bible or with our overall goals and requirements for Christian ministry.
We seek to create a workplace that is intentional about Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Our commitment to our employees extends to their opportunities for growth, development, promotion, training and compensation.
We will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to the organization.