November 30, 2022
Location / Chapter
Northwest Ohio Area
Findlay [City Life Center]
CITY LIFE SUPPORT STAFF (Male Ministries)
YFC reaches young people everywhere, working together with the local church and
other like-minded partners to raise up lifelong followers of Jesus who lead by their
godliness in lifestyle, devotion to prayer and the Word of God, passion for sharing the
love of Christ and commitment to social involvement.
• A growing follower of Jesus Christ.
• Involved in & regularly attending a local church.
• Sets a godly example in one’s personal life.
• Passionate about youth ministry and making a difference.
• Willingness to submit and minister within the guidelines of YFC.
• Submit to an extensive background and reference check.
• Participate fully in the life of the ministry team you serve on.
• Commitment to show up for all required gathering, events, programs, and meetings.
• Teachable, humble and willing to learn.
• Open to learning essential cultural competencies to serve in an urban neighborhood.
• Flexible enough schedule to fulfill required responsibilities.
• Eager to do what it takes to make a difference in the lives of kids
SUMMARY OF ROLE
Primary Supervisor: City Life Site Director
YFC Essential Job Responsibilities
A. Attend and participate in all required YFC of NWOH fundraising events.
1. Golf Tournament – First Friday in June
2. River Ride – Last Saturday in July
4. Findlay Bowling Event
5. YFC Banquet - TBD
B. Provide written stories of students to be used in YFC publications
C. Attend staff outings and trainings as required.
1. YFC staff meetings are not required but can be attended on a voluntary basis.
a. On occasion we will ask for you to attend.
Findlay City Life Staff Support Responsibilities
A. After School Program 2:00-6:00PM – 4 hours/3 times a week | 12 hours/week
Objective: Serve the volunteer ministry leaders and teams to provide a loving atmosphere for teens after school.
1. To be a Godly presence to teens and connect with them regularly.
2. Areas of responsibility include but not limited to: set up/clean up, homework help, group activities, meal prep, and transportation support under the direction of the Findlay City Life Director.
3. Provide safe transportation for teens when needed.
4. Help with programming which includes but not limited to, talks, games, and announcements.
5. Help with set up/clean up.
C. Small Group Leader | 4 hours/week (1hr transportation / 1 hr prep / 2 hr execution) Objective: A meeting with several young people to have an interactive discussion about relevant topics and connect them to God’s truth.
1. Follow YFC Small Group Standards and Process to develop and grow small groups. https://yfc.force.com/knowledgebase/s/article/Small-Groups
2. Determine curriculum using YFC resources.
3. Seek out teens to build new relationships with to engage in 3 story evangelism and deepen relationships with existing relationships.
4. Provide safe transportation for teens in need.
5. Facilitate interactive discussions where teens share in the talking time.
6. Provide a weekly summary report to City Life Director.
D. Outreach | 4 hours/week
Objective: Help invite and encourage the students to invite their friends to City Life programs! Following are outreach suggestions. To build this into your schedule report to the Findlay City Life Director.
1. Work within the City Life team and volunteers to build relationships with teens within the determined neighborhood focus of Findlay.
2. Promote programs and events.
3. Canvas within the surrounding neighborhood.
4. Attend school lunches at appropriate locations at neighborhood kids attend
5. Prayer walks.
6. Be a presence at youth sporting events, extracurricular events, etc.
6. Findlay events including but not limited to parades and community festivals.
E. Team | 2 hours/week
Objective: To work as a unified team to accomplish the goal of reaching lost teens in an urban neighborhood with authentic Christ sharing relationships.
1. Attend Findlay City Life team meetings (bi-weekly)
2. Come prepared to share summary reports of small groups
3. Engage in staff devotion and prayer times
4. Participate in planning for and preparing for afterschool program needs
Objective: To communicate to staff, volunteers, and students in a timely and professional manner with clear written and verbal communication.
1. Staff- Reply within 24 hours to text messages and 48 hours to emails
2. Volunteers- Reply within 24 hours to emails/text messages
3. Parents- reply within 24 hours emails/text messages
4. Students- Reply within 48 hours if not sooner. Social media/messages
5. Vacation request forms to be submitted to be approved 2 weeks prior to time off. Report to Findlay City Life Director.
6. Report RMA outcomes to Findlay City Life Director weekly.
Knowledge & Skills
Our cultural attributes are not about competency. It is an obedience to the call of Christ on our lives. YFC believes that spiritually healthy adults fosters healthy relationships with our kids. We place a heavy commitment and emphasis on developing and equipping a Christ-centered life marked by Enduring Humility, Relentless Trust, Joyful Camaraderie, Courageous Faithfulness and Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Willing to demonstrate/or possesses the following:
Credentials Required & Preferred Education
A Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
All YFC employees are expected to regularly and actively participate in faithful activities that advance the stewardship functions of YFC/USA. These activities will include—but are not limited to— extending invitations to fund raising events, recruiting personal circle of influence/YFC donor contacts, sending letters, handwritten notes, personal calls, and personally ministering to donor contacts.
YFC is classified as an Association of Churches and as such our hiring practices reflect that designation. As a religious nonprofit organization, Youth For Christ incorporates within each leader role, the requirement to model, teach, share and live the faith. The relationship between YFC’s mission and each of its leaders is its lifeblood and as such does at all times and in all instances reserve the right to make employment decisions based upon a person’s religious beliefs, personal character and lifestyle consistent with our understanding of the Bible or with our overall goals and requirements for Christian ministry.
We seek to create a workplace that is intentional about Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Our commitment to our employees extends to their opportunities for growth, development, promotion, training and compensation.
We will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to the organization.