January 17, 2024
Location / Chapter
Suncoast Florida Area
Campus Life MS
YFC reaches young people everywhere, working together with the local church and other like-minded partners to raise up lifelong followers of Jesus who lead by their godliness in lifestyle, devotion to prayer and the Word of God, passion for sharing the love of Christ and commitment to social involvement.
The Middle School Campus Life Director will create teams and develop sites for Middle School Campus Life. They will oversee the existing Middle Schools and oversee/provide insight to existing Campus Life sites in the Chapter. In the role the Campus Life Director will also play a role in investing in YFC Young Leaders, by involving them as part of ministry sites. They must embrace and build a team that embodies YFC’s Cultural Attributes: Christ-centered, enduring humility, relentless trust, courageous faithfulness, joyful camaraderie, and kingdom inspired diversity. S/he will seek to implement relational ministry actions to develop Authentic Christ-Sharing Relationships with young people within the context of their YFC ministry model. Director must live in the Sarasota area.
MINISTRY HEALTH/ MINISTRY SITE DEVELOPMENT
· Consistently involved in local ministry with lost 11-19 year olds
· Direct and guide the Middle School Campus Life team in your chapter through the 5 Essentials and National Ministry best practices
· Manage current Middle School Campus Life staff/volunteer team through individual supervision and regular meetings
· Regularly visit Middle School sites and invest in continual development of each current ministry sites health and growth
· Oversee our vision of youth and leaders from each middle school site going to yearly camps
· Provide reports to Ministry Director of health and metrics for each Middle School Site and Team
· Create a strong connection between local churches and the ministry site
MIDDLE SCHOOL MINISTRY GROWTH/EXPANSION
· Continuously recruit, train and develop our volunteer teams.
· Regularly evaluate ministry effectiveness while helping sites and site leaders grow
· Work with the Ministry Director in developing vision for ministry expansion in your area
· Assist in laying the foundation for effective ministry in that particular new ministry site
· Assist in the hiring process of staff for each ministry site
· Support and train new ministry staff in community development and ministry in their first year
· Build a strategic community collaboration plan for new sites
· Build a culture of people development within the ministry area.
· Invest in direct reports’ growth and development
· Be involved in all team-oriented fundraising efforts
SPIRITUAL RESPONSIBILITIES Because the mission of Youth for Christ is to communicate and introduce the Gospel of Jesus Christ to young people, and to make, educate and encourage life-long discipleship, it is essential that each employee in the movement of Youth for Christ be recognized as an associate minister of the Gospel. As an employee of YFC and an associate minister of the Gospel, YFC expects all employees to:
· Seek God’s guidance and wisdom, through prayer and meditation, for the chapter as a whole as well as for specific ministry initiatives
· Participate in and lead regular times of prayer, devotion and worship
· Teach and/or preach from the Holy Bible at YFC staff meetings, conferences, camps and events
· Model empathy, humility and care for all people, promoting unity in the practice of Christian faith
Additionally, YFC employees will have an opportunity to be commissioned or licensed as a minister of the Gospel through the established YFC process, and/or ordained by an outside body recognized by Youth for Christ USA.
FUNDRAISING RESPONSIBILITIES All YFC employees are expected to regularly and actively participate in faithful activities that advance the stewardship functions of YFC. These activities will include—but are not limited to— raising 50% of their salary, extending invitations to fundraising events, recruiting personal circle of influence/YFC donor contacts, sending letters, handwritten notes, personal calls, and personally ministering to donor contacts.
ESSENTIAL CHARACTERISTICS & ACTIONS
· A growing follower of Christ
· Embraces the vision, mission and Statement of Faith of YFC
· Participates in YFC New Cohort Training
· Knowledge and demonstrated capacity in each of Youth for Christ’s Cultural Attributes (Christ-Centered, Kingdom Inspired Diversity, Joyful Camaraderie, Relentless Trust, Enduring Humility and Courageous Faithfulness)
· Strong moral character and of good repute
· Well-spoken in front of youth and adults
· Good relationship building skills with adults and young people (11-19 year olds)
· Skilled in problem solving
· Demonstrates a humble and teachable spirit
YFC is classified as an Association of Churches and as such our hiring practices reflect that designation. As a religious nonprofit organization, YFC incorporates within each leader role, the requirement to model, teach, share and live the faith. The relationship between YFC’s mission and each of its leaders is its lifeblood and, as such, YFC does at all times and in all instances reserve the right to make employment decisions based upon a person’s religious beliefs, personal character and lifestyle consistent with our understanding of the Bible and with our overall goals and requirements for Christian ministry.
We seek to create a workplace that is intentional about Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Our commitment to our employees extends to their opportunities for growth, development, promotion, training and compensation. We will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to the organization.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
YFC is classified as an Association of Churches and as such our hiring practices reflect that designation. As a religious nonprofit organization, Youth For Christ incorporates within each leader role, the requirement to model, teach, share and live the faith. The relationship between YFC’s mission and each of its leaders is its lifeblood and as such does at all times and in all instances reserve the right to make employment decisions based upon a person’s religious beliefs, personal character and lifestyle consistent with our understanding of the Bible or with our overall goals and requirements for Christian ministry.
We seek to create a workplace that is intentional about Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Our commitment to our employees extends to their opportunities for growth, development, promotion, training and compensation.
We will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to the organization.