Focus on furthering the mission and vision of YFCNIN and developing our ministry programs throughout Wabash County
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manchester High School ministry site
- Grow vibrant relational ministry in multiple sites (all of the high schools and middle schools in Wabash County)
- Ensure ministry standards are being met with proper training, development, curriculum, and techniques
- Lead, coach, serve, and encourage staff and ministry leaders in Wabash County
- Build and retain the right team to carry out the mission of YFCNIN
- Invest in key site leaders to multiply into teams
- Steward growing community collaboration (run community support team, youth pastor network, etc.) in partnership with the Regional Director
- Working with the Regional Director, the County Lead will oversee and be responsible for managing and securing the annual department budget by overseeing donor relationships, leading his/her team, growing community funding relationships, and overseeing agreements with local foundations.
- Oversee the operations of ministry within Wabash County
Ad Hoc Leadership Functions as Assigned
- All leaders will be given the opportunity to be involved in the stewardship functions of YFCNIN. These opportunities could include fundraising events, YFC donor contacts, and other opportunities as provided.
Because the overriding religious purpose and mission of Youth for Christ USA is to communicate and introduce the Gospel of Jesus Christ to young people and their families, and in that regard to make, educate and encourage lifelong disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ, it is very important that you as an employee in the movement of Youth for Christ be recognized as an associate minister of the Gospel.
As an employee and a minister of the Gospel, YFCNIN expects all employees to:
- Seek God’s guidance and wisdom, through prayer and meditation, for the organization as a whole as well as for specific ministry initiatives.
- Participate and lead regular times of prayer, devotion and worship as a regular aspect of your role within YFC.
- Teach and preach from the Holy Bible at YFC staff meetings, conferences, camps and events.
- Model empathy, humility and care for all people. This includes promoting equity and inclusion in word and in the practice of facial expression.
Additionally, YFCNIN employees will have an opportunity to be commissioned or licensed as a minister of the Gospel through the established YFC process, and/or ordained by an outside body recognized by YFC USA.
- An authentic and abiding personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- A deep and driving desire to see young people find hope in Jesus
- A genuine hope for community transformation
- Spirit of collaboration with like-minded partners (individuals, churches, businesses)
- High level of spiritual & emotional maturity
- Strong interpersonal communication & problem solving skills
- Organizational leadership
- Ability to build community and team rapport
- Self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit
Youth for Christ is a Christian faith-based, 501c3 organization that requires all staff to be actively living out their Christian faith and committed to a local church body.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 4+ years of proven leadership experience
- 3+ years of ministry experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience)
QUALITIES/SKILLS WE VALUE
- Servant leader
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Work with confidential and sensitive information in a professional manner
- Problem solver
- Willingness to learn
- Quick learner of technology & programs
- Often within the region
- Ministry trips (GoMad, Spring Break, Summer trips), Staff retreat (spring), Regional conference (fall)
SCOPE OF AUTHORITY
- Manages Budget
- Supervisor; 0-5 employees
Our cultural attributes are not about competency. It is an obedience to the call of Christ on our lives. YFC believes that spiritually healthy adults foster healthy relationships with our kids. We place a heavy commitment and emphasis on developing and equipping a Christ-centered life marked by Enduring Humility, Relentless Trust, Joyful Camaraderie, Courageous Faithfulness and Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Willing to demonstrate and/or possesses the following:
- Ability to humbly serve and honor others even in difficult situations with prayer, consistency, transparency, and resilience. (Enduring Humility)
- Demonstrates proper reliance on God, others, and self through generous giving of time and skills, by collaboratively incorporating others’ ideas, welcoming candid input, recognizing others’ need for grace and extending forgiveness and empathy. (Relentless Trust)
- Prioritizes others’ needs for a missional outcome, characterized by joy, with active listening and problem-solving skills, while encouraging and empowering fellow believers. (Joyful Camaraderie)
- Trusts God with new approaches and changes, and communicates needs and limits with emotional intelligence, while seeking confidence and wisdom in Christ. (Courageous Faithfulness)
- Seeks authentic Christ-Centered relationships with people of various backgrounds, fosters an inviting environment and empowers historically marginalized groups and indigenous populations (within the local context), through active listening, inclusion, advocacy for those who are vulnerable and respect of others’ experiences. (Kingdom Inspired Diversity)
Click here to see the full job description.
YFC is classified as an Association of Churches and as such our hiring practices reflect that designation. As a religious nonprofit organization, Youth For Christ incorporates within each leader role, the requirement to model, teach, share and live the faith. The relationship between YFC’s mission and each of its leaders is its lifeblood and as such does at all times and in all instances reserve the right to make employment decisions based upon a person’s religious beliefs, personal character and lifestyle consistent with our understanding of the Bible or with our overall goals and requirements for Christian ministry.
We seek to create a workplace that is intentional about Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Our commitment to our employees extends to their opportunities for growth, development, promotion, training and compensation.
We will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to the organization.