San Antonio, TX
May 26, 2022
Location / Chapter
San Antonio Area
The Ministry Site Director is a position that requires spiritual and organizational leadership skills, the ability to work with and through other people, and strong communication skills. S/he must embrace and build a team that embodies YFC’s Cultural Attributes: Christ-centered, enduring humility, relentless trust, courageous faithfulness, joyful camaraderie, and kingdom inspired diversity. S/he will seek to implement relational ministry actions to develop Authentic Christ-Sharing Relationships with young people within the context of their YFC ministry model.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
Occasional lifting/carrying up to 10 — 50 pounds; visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate a computer keyboard and basic office equipment. Subject to sitting, standing, reaching, walking, twisting and kneeling to perform the essential functions, occasional events/activities outdoors in the heat, occasional events/activities requiring prolonged standing and overnights.
Relational Ministry Action Development/Service (55%)
Serving/Ministry (8-10 hours)
Conduct a minimum of 3 RMA’s/week:
Assist with Site Director at their assigned site.
Attend any retreats/camps and special functions throughout the year.
Assist with any tasks weekly in our Residency trainings and any duties within SAYFC.
Work at least 3 shifts during the winter fireworks season (and summer season if fully funded or as needed).
Ministry Team/Personal Development (45%)
Coaching/Training (6 hours)
· Attend Residency training weekly at the office on Thursdays from 10 am – 12 pm.
· Attend all scheduled site team meetings/functions.
· Attend all special events, meetings, trainings, etc.
· Have a 1-on-1 with your Site Director a minimum of once per week.
· Have a 1-on-1 with a Residency Director a minimum of once per month.
· Assist with any needed administrative duties.
Money/Development (1 hour) **
· Attend and complete fundraising training program.
· Raise a minimum of $300/month in the timeframe given.
· Meet with the Development Team regarding your fundraising.
· Maintain and submit 30-60-90-Day Report.
· Construct and submit your newsletter monthly.
· Contact and thank your donors.
· Follow up with lapsed donors as discovered.
· Build, maintain and update your Prayer Partner Team.
** NOTE: until fundraising goals are met, development will be 100% of time/week.
Spiritual Growth (1 hour)
· Be mentored outside of SAYFC.
· Read any assigned books designed for personal development.
· Grow spiritually
Prayer, meditation and worship.
Knowledge & Skills
· Be mentored outside of SAYFC.
· Embraces the vision, mission and Statement of Faith of YFC.
· Participation in YFC’s Blueprint for Leadership.
· Understands YFC’s 5 Essentials and leads through this model.
· Strong moral character and of good repute.
· Connect well with youth.
· Well-spoken in front of youth and adults.
· Manage a team of diverse volunteers.
· Honors and pursues diversity of gifts, cultures and ethnicities.
· Excellent oral, written, interpersonal and presentation skills.
· Able to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities.
· Good relationship building skills with adults and young people.
· Perseverance through opposition and obstacles.
Our cultural attributes are not about competency. It is an obedience to the call of Christ on our lives. YFC believes that spiritually healthy adults fosters healthy relationships with our kids. We place a heavy commitment and emphasis on developing and equipping a Christ-centered life marked by Enduring Humility, Relentless Trust, Joyful Camaraderie, Courageous Faithfulness and Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Willing to demonstrate and/or possesses the following:
· Ability to humbly serve and honor others even in difficult situations with prayer, consistency, transparency, and resilience. (Enduring Humility).
· Demonstrates proper reliance on God, others, and self through generous giving of time and skills, by collaboratively incorporating others’ ideas, welcoming candid input, recognizing others’ need for grace and extending forgiveness and empathy. (Relentless Trust).
· Prioritizes others’ needs for a missional outcome, characterized by joy, with active listening and problem-solving skills, while encouraging and empowering fellow believers. (Joyful Camaraderie).
· Trusts God with new approaches and changes, and communicates needs and limits with emotional intelligence, while seeking confidence and wisdom in Christ. (Courageous Faithfulness).
· Seeks authentic Christ-Centered relationships with people of various backgrounds, fosters an inviting environment and empowers historically marginalized groups and indigenous populations (within the local context), through active listening, inclusion, advocacy for those who are vulnerable and respect of others’ experiences. (Kingdom Inspired Diversity).
Preferred Education & Experience
· Intentionally striving towards a degree plan, trade school, career or discerning a ministry calling.
· One year of ministry experience.
All YFC employees are expected to regularly and actively participate in faithful activities that advance the stewardship functions of YFC USA. These activities will include—but are not limited to— extending invitations to fund raising events, recruiting personal circle of influence/YFC donor contacts, sending letters, handwritten notes, personal calls, and personally ministering to donor contacts.
Because the overriding religious purpose and mission of Youth for Christ USA is to communicate and introduce the Gospel of Jesus Christ to young people and their families, and in that regard to make, educate and encourage life-long disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ, it is very important that you as an employee in the movement of Youth for Christ be recognized as an associate minister of the Gospel.
As an employee of Youth for Christ and an associate minister of the Gospel, YFC expects all employees to:
· Seek God’s guidance and wisdom, through prayer and meditation, for the organization as a whole as well as for specific ministry initiatives.
· Participate and lead regular times of prayer, devotion and worship as a regular aspect of your role within YFC.
· Teach and preach from the Holy Bible at YFC staff meetings, conferences, camps and events.
· Model empathy, humility and care for all people. This includes promoting equity and inclusion in word and in the practice of faith expression. YFC employees will have an opportunity to be commissioned or licensed as a minister of the Gospel through the established Youth for Christ process, and/or ordained by an outside body recognized by Youth for Christ USA.
$10,200 annual income potential in programming that equips, trains and empowers.
YFC is classified as an Association of Churches and as such our hiring practices reflect that designation. As a religious nonprofit organization, Youth For Christ incorporates within each leader role, the requirement to model, teach, share and live the faith. The relationship between YFC’s mission and each of its leaders is its lifeblood and as such does at all times and in all instances reserve the right to make employment decisions based upon a person’s religious beliefs, personal character and lifestyle consistent with our understanding of the Bible or with our overall goals and requirements for Christian ministry.
We seek to create a workplace that is intentional about Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Our commitment to our employees extends to their opportunities for growth, development, promotion, training and compensation.
We will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to the organization.