This position exists to advance the mission of Youth for Christ of Northern Indiana (YFCNIN) by providing leadership in the areas of development, community relations, vision, advocacy, and ministry expansion. This role will steward an extensive network of interpersonal relationships, both virtually and in person, for the sake of multiplying authentic Christ sharing relationships with 11-19 year olds.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for ensuring the financial health for the region by executing the YFCNIN development plan in both existing and new ministry sites, in partnership with staff. This includes:
- Working with the Development Lead to develop, manage, and monitor a comprehensive annual fundraising plan for the region
- Building and managing a personal portfolio of ministry partner relationships
- Expanding the giving base by conducting appointments and other development activities with existing and prospective ministry partners
- Overseeing the donor database to ensure accurate recording of donor gifts and activities
- Ensuring the timely writing of letters, newsletters, and correspondence with partners
- Securing grants from local, state, and national foundations, in partnership with staff
- Increasing awareness of and engagement in legacy giving opportunities with major giving partners
- Achieving successful outcomes and growth through fundraising events, including sponsorship acquisition
- Assisting staff with high potential giving partners
Strategic Leadership (20%)
Responsible for providing spiritual and organizational leadership for the advancement of the YFC mission across the DeKalb, Noble, LaGrange, & Steuben County regions. This includes:
- Personally abiding in Christ and leading out of a posture of humility and servanthood
- Developing a clear, practical, and inspiring vision for the region under and in line with YFCNIN’s vision and strategy
- Contributing to the strategic planning efforts of the chapter
- Determining the Region’s priorities in the annual planning cycle and ensuring the communication and execution of those priorities
- Serving as an excellent communicator who is capable of being the ‘face’ for ministry sites in the Region
- Cultivating collaborative partnerships with churches, organizations, businesses, and colleges (working with local staff as appropriate)
Community Engagement and Ministry Expansion (20%)
Responsible for serving as an advocate for lost teens and the issues they face, inspiring people to action for the sake of ministry growth. This includes:
- Serving as the senior point of contact for communities represented in DeKalb, Noble, LaGrange, & Steuben Counties
- Providing leadership to Community Support Teams to enhance ministry sites
- Effectively communicating the mission and vision of YFCNIN to groups of all sizes, creating pathways for involvement
- Working with staff to recruit new volunteers to serve in the mission
- Building key relationships and networks to allow for future ministry expansion
- Participating in community activities and strategic groups to introduce and represent YFC to new and existing partners
- Ensuring proximity to ministry through presence, observation, and direct investment
Operational Management and Administration (10%)
Responsible for managing the administrative operations of the ministry throughout the region in partnership with the YFCNIN operations team. This includes:
- Providing oversight of and management to the regional budget
- Assisting with asset management (facility and transportation)
Because the overriding religious purpose and mission of Youth for Christ USA is to communicate and introduce the Gospel of Jesus Christ to young people and their families, and in that regard to make, educate and encourage life-long disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ, it is very important that you as an employee in the movement of Youth for Christ be recognized as an associate minister of the Gospel.
As an employee of Youth for Christ and an associate minister of the Gospel, YFC expects all employees to:
- Seek God’s guidance and wisdom, through prayer and meditation, for the organization as a whole as well as for specific ministry initiatives.
- Participate and lead regular times of prayer, devotion and worship as a regular aspect of your role within YFC.
- Teach and preach from the Holy Bible at YFC staff meetings, conferences, camps and events.
- Model empathy, humility and care for all people. This includes promoting equity and inclusion in word and in the practice of faith expression.
Youth for Christ is a Christian faith-based, 501c3 organization that requires all staff to be actively living out their Christian faith and committed to a local church body.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree preferred (or equivalent experience)
- 5-7 years of experience in a related field
- Google Suite
- Microsoft Office
QUALITIES/SKILLS WE VALUE
- An authentic & abiding personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- A deep & driving desire to see young people find hope in Jesus
- A genuine hope for community transformation
- Strong organizational leadership
- Excellent relational, development and communication skills
- Creative thinker
- Self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Adept at laying the groundwork for new ministry start-ups
Our cultural attributes are not about competency. It is an obedience to the call of Christ on our lives. YFC believes that spiritually healthy adults foster healthy relationships with our kids. We place a heavy commitment and emphasis on developing and equipping a Christ-centered life marked by Enduring Humility, Relentless Trust, Joyful Camaraderie, Courageous Faithfulness and Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Willing to demonstrate and/or possesses the following:
- Ability to humbly serve and honor others even in difficult situations with prayer, consistency, transparency, and resilience. (Enduring Humility)
- Demonstrates proper reliance on God, others, and self through generous giving of time and skills, by collaboratively incorporating others’ ideas, welcoming candid input, recognizing others’ need for grace and extending forgiveness and empathy. (Relentless Trust)
- Prioritizes others’ needs for a missional outcome, characterized by joy, with active listening and problem-solving skills, while encouraging and empowering fellow believers. (Joyful Camaraderie)
- Trusts God with new approaches and changes, and communicates needs and limits with emotional intelligence, while seeking confidence and wisdom in Christ. (Courageous Faithfulness)
- Seeks authentic Christ-Centered relationships with people of various backgrounds, fosters an inviting environment and empowers historically marginalized groups and indigenous populations (within the local context), through active listening, inclusion, advocacy for those who are vulnerable and respect of others’ experiences. (Kingdom Inspired Diversity)
Click here to see the full job description.
YFC is classified as an Association of Churches and as such our hiring practices reflect that designation. As a religious nonprofit organization, Youth For Christ incorporates within each leader role, the requirement to model, teach, share and live the faith. The relationship between YFC’s mission and each of its leaders is its lifeblood and as such does at all times and in all instances reserve the right to make employment decisions based upon a person’s religious beliefs, personal character and lifestyle consistent with our understanding of the Bible or with our overall goals and requirements for Christian ministry.
We seek to create a workplace that is intentional about Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Our commitment to our employees extends to their opportunities for growth, development, promotion, training and compensation.
We will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to the organization.