We are a team of people passionate about reaching teens. We work tirelessly to come along side teens whether they are in jail, raising a baby, or walking the hallways of a local middle school. We need someone who will enjoy our fun work environment as well as provide some of the essential office-skills we need to do our job well.
As an organized, detail-oriented person you will serve as an office administrator for YFC and its ministries. You will play an integral role in propelling our mission forward. You will focus on outbound mail, donation processing, office volunteer coordination, and facility reservations so our staff can focus on building Christ-sharing relationships with students.
- In Bound Donor Management
- Track key relationships stewarded by the executive: interests, key dates, and gift report schedules; managing documentation for the team and preparing reports for senior leadership.
- Research, troubleshoot, and track gifts on behalf of major giving partners seeking internal assistance or clarification.
- Work with confidential and sensitive information in a professional manner
- Out Bound Constituent Communication
- Prepares draft correspondence with constituents or responds on the executive’s behalf within delegated parameters
- Regular updates to giving pages
- Executive Support
- Work on fundraising events and activities with the leadership team.
- Provide daily support to executive by answering calls, emails, voicemails, and through regular 1-on-1 appointments.
- Work closely with executive to maintain calendar of appointments, commitments, and deliverables
- Develop and maintain annual fundraising calendar
- Integrates the personal and professional life of the executive, to prolong longevity and increase mission effectiveness
- Create and documents key processes.
- Lead variety of special projects as assigned by the executive
Because the overriding religious purpose and mission of Youth for Christ USA is to communicate and introduce the Gospel of Jesus Christ to young people and their families, and in that regard to make, educate and encourage life-long disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ, it is very important that you as an employee in the movement of Youth for Christ be recognized as an associate minister of the Gospel. As an employee of Youth for Christ and an associate minister of the Gospel, YFC expects all employees to:
- Seek God’s guidance and wisdom, through prayer and meditation, for the organization as a whole as well as for specific ministry initiatives.
- Participate and lead regular times of prayer, devotion and worship as a regular aspect of your role within YFC.
- Teach and preach from the Holy Bible at YFC staff meetings, conferences, camps and events.
- Model empathy, humility and care for all people. This includes promoting equity and inclusion in word and in the practice of faith expression.
YFC employees will have an opportunity to be commissioned or licensed as a minister of the Gospel through the established Youth for Christ process, and/or ordained by an outside body recognized by Youth for Christ USA.
Knowledge & Skills
- Service oriented: dedicated to meeting expectations of the executive by maintaining effective relationships.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Experience in administrative support and in making appropriate decisions regarding available time.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, and experience and/or interest in partnership development
- High degree of professionalism and sensitivity to executive's availability (personal and work-related commitments) in dealing with diverse groups of people (staff, leaders, donors, etc.)
- Proactive: ability to anticipate needs, events or issues that may arise
- Maintains a high level of integrity, confidentiality and discretion.
Willing to demonstrate and/or possesses the following:
- Ability to humbly serve and honor others even in difficult situations with prayer, consistency, transparency, and resilience. (Enduring Humility).
- Demonstrates proper reliance on God, others, and self through generous giving of time and skills, by collaboratively incorporating others’ ideas, welcoming candid input, recognizing others’ need for grace and extending forgiveness and empathy. (Relentless Trust).
- Prioritizes others’ needs for a missional outcome, characterized by joy, with active listening and problem-solving skills, while encouraging and empowering fellow believers. (Joyful Camaraderie).
- Trusts God with new approaches and changes, and communicates needs and limits with emotional intelligence, while seeking confidence and wisdom in Christ. (Courageous Faithfulness)
- Seeks authentic Christ-Centered relationships with people of various backgrounds, fosters an inviting environment and empowers historically marginalized groups and indigenous populations (within the local context), through active listening, inclusion, advocacy for those who are vulnerable and respect of others’ experiences. (Kingdom Inspired Diversity).
Credentials Required & Preferred Education
- High School or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
All YFC employees are expected to regularly and actively participate in faithful activities that advance the stewardship functions of YFC/USA. These activities will include—but are not limited to— extending invitations to fund raising events, recruiting personal circle of influence/YFC donor contacts, sending letters, handwritten notes, personal calls, and personally ministering to donor contacts.
YFC is classified as an Association of Churches and as such our hiring practices reflect that designation. As a religious nonprofit organization, Youth For Christ incorporates within each leader role, the requirement to model, teach, share and live the faith. The relationship between YFC’s mission and each of its leaders is its lifeblood and as such does at all times and in all instances reserve the right to make employment decisions based upon a person’s religious beliefs, personal character and lifestyle consistent with our understanding of the Bible or with our overall goals and requirements for Christian ministry.
We seek to create a workplace that is intentional about Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Our commitment to our employees extends to their opportunities for growth, development, promotion, training and compensation.
We will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to the organization.