Internships are designed to provide practical experience and training for the intern. This internship serves at a YFC ministry site weekly connecting with kids in 3-Story relationships. Interns share the gospel and invite kids to connect with Jesus and become part of a local church community. This internship will provide you with ongoing training throughout the year to equip you in areas of ministry including evangelism, ministry, trauma, discipleship, public speaking, and more.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Co-Lead Ministry at a Campus Life or City Life site
Plan and execute weekly programming and relationship-building opportunities with teens.
Invite individuals to see the ministry in person.
Share stories of progress with your supervisor.
2) Experience and Participate in YFC’s greater mission: 3 hours/month
Participate in weekly team meetings and occasional Tuesday staff meetings.
Participate in special events and fundraisers.
Share the story with like-minded individuals.
3) General Expectations:
- Fully participate in cohort training starting August 2023 (calendar will be provided).
- Carry out the agreed-upon internship schedule, communicating variations in advance.
- Maintain a vital and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ and demonstrate that relationship through a morally upstanding lifestyle that is in keeping with biblical principles (see YFC’s Living the Life of a Leader agreement).
- Demonstrate involvement in a local church through regular attendance, relationships with other members, and participation in ministry programs and events.
- Fully embrace the Youth For Christ vision and mission, and statement of faith (see yfcnow.org/about/).
- NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements, or working conditions associated with the internship. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the internship, YFC reserves the right to revise the program or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
- Internships are intended to last for the school year, beginning in August and ending in July.
- Internships are not the same as staff or volunteer positions. It is expected that the intern gains value from the coaching and practical experience. The stipend is to offset living costs and will be paid on the 20th of every month. Interns are solely responsible for reporting and paying taxes from the income of the stipend. The internship may be modified or canceled at any time and for any reason by either party. The internship will include required orientation and training. Additional training opportunities throughout the year will be communicated in advance.
Our cultural attributes are not about competency. It is an obedience to the call of Christ on our lives. YFC believes that spiritually healthy adults fosters healthy relationships with our kids. We place a heavy commitment and emphasis on developing and equipping a Christ-centered life marked by Enduring Humility, Relentless Trust, Joyful Camaraderie, Courageous Faithfulness and Kingdom Inspired Diversity.
Willing to demonstrate and/or possesses the following:
- Ability to humbly serve and honor others even in difficult situations with prayer, consistency, transparency, and resilience. (Enduring Humility)
- Demonstrates proper reliance on God, others, and self through generous giving of time and skills, by collaboratively incorporating others’ ideas, welcoming candid input, recognizing others’ need for grace and extending forgiveness and empathy. (Relentless Trust)
- Prioritizes others’ needs for a missional outcome, characterized by joy, with active listening and problem-solving skills, while encouraging and empowering fellow believers. (Joyful Camaraderie)
- Trusts God with new approaches and changes, and communicates needs and limits with emotional intelligence, while seeking confidence and wisdom in Christ. (Courageous Faithfulness)
- Seeks authentic Christ-Centered relationships with people of various backgrounds, fosters an inviting environment and empowers leaders of all groups, through active listening, inclusion, advocacy for those who are vulnerable and respect of others’ experiences. (Kingdom Inspired Diversity)
Knowledge, Abilities, and Minimum Requirements:
- High School diploma.
- Passion for sharing the gospel and building relationships with teens.
- Working knowledge of and ability to use Google Suite products (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Gmail, etc), Windows and Microsoft Office program suites, and various online applications.
- Spiritual gifts of importance to this position are Evangelism and Shepherding.
- Ability to transport yourself to and from programming and events.
- Responsible directly to the Ministry Director, Aubrey Bisher
- Interacts with all F/M YFC staff and volunteers.
YFC is classified as an Association of Churches and as such our hiring practices reflect that designation. As a religious nonprofit organization, Youth For Christ incorporates within each leader role, the requirement to model, teach, share and live the faith. The relationship between YFC’s mission and each of its leaders is its lifeblood and as such does at all times and in all instances reserve the right to make employment decisions based upon a person’s religious beliefs, personal character and lifestyle consistent with our understanding of the Bible or with our overall goals and requirements for Christian ministry.
We seek to create a workplace that is intentional about Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Our commitment to our employees extends to their opportunities for growth, development, promotion, training and compensation.
We will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to the organization.