This position exists to reach young people (11 to 19 years old) with the Gospel through authentic Christ-sharing relationships. This includes casting vision, implementing our strategic plan, utilizing best practices, and establishing fruitful and sustainable ministry sites all while maintaining compliance to YFC USA's processes and policies.
The Ministry Director reports to the Executive Director and serves as a key part of the leadership team. S/he is primarily responsible for, but not limited to, overseeing all ministry models for the chapter. This includes oversight of ministry sites, shepherding through the supervision of the ministry staff and their growth and development, resourcing the staff as they implement effective ministry, development of future ministry sites, community collaboration and fund development.
- Key Measurable: Number of leaders in authentic Christ-sharing relationships and number of lost teens in authentic Christ-sharing relationships.
- Strategic Goal: 1,000 lost teens in authentic Christ-sharing relationships with 200 leaders
- Direct, supervise and provide leadership for all Campus Life, Parent Life and JJM ministry staff (paid leaders).
- Develop leaders who build ministry teams who build authentic Christ-sharing relationships utilizing the Relational Ministry Actions (RMA's)
- Contacting- Going where students are to initiate new relationships with lost young people.
- Building Time - Spending time in shared experiences with young people to build new relationships and grow existing ones.
- Club - A welcoming, safe, high energy, large group meeting designed to help lost young people discover who Jesus is by fostering authentic Christ-sharing relationships and connecting relevant topics to Scripture.
- Appointments - Meet one on one with young people to focus on their individual needs
- Small Groups - A meeting with several young people to have an interactive discussion about relevant topics and connect them to God's truth.
- Core Team- A team of adult and young leaders from a Campus Life Ministry Site who together, follow Jesus in a way that naturally invites friends to discover Jesus with them.
- Trips - A strategic opportunity to take young people out of their daily environment and provide extended overnight shared experiences for building authentic Christ-sharing relationships with YFC leaders.
- Raise up leaders to fill future ministry roles
- Provide communication and support for all staff and ministry leaders through regular meetings, personal appointments, texts, phone calls, emails, etc.
- Provide ongoing leadership development training opportunities for staff and leaders
Program Vision and Direction
- Provide direction and oversight of all Tuscaloosa YFC ministries
- Develop and execute an inspiring annual ministry plan that answers the question 'where are we going'
- Oversee and evaluate all Campus Life, Parent Life and JJM ministry sites
- Keep Executive Director aware of successes, challenges and goals of the ministry.
- Be committed to continual growth and excellence as a Ministry Director
- Complete your annual personal growth plan provided by the Executive Director
- Complete YFC credentialing in first two years
Because the overriding religious purpose and mission of Youth for Christ USA is to communicate and introduce the Gospel of Jesus Christ to young people and their families, and in that regard to make, educate and encourage life-long disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ, it is very important that you as an employee in the movement of Youth for Christ be recognized as an associate minister of the Gospel. As an employee of Youth for Christ and an associate minister of the Gospel, YFC expects all employees to:
- Seek God’s guidance and wisdom, through prayer and meditation, for the organization as a whole as well as for specific ministry initiatives.
- Participate and lead regular times of prayer, devotion and worship as a regular aspect of your role within YFC.
- Teach and preach from the Holy Bible at YFC staff meetings, conferences, camps and events.
- Model empathy, humility and care for all people. This includes promoting equity and inclusion in word and in the practice of faith expression. YFC employees will have an opportunity to be commissioned or licensed as a minister of the Gospel through the established Youth for Christ process, and/or ordained by an outside body recognized by Youth for Christ USA.
Knowledge & Skills
- Committed and growing follower of Jesus Christ
- Passion for youth evangelism
- Proven leader who has exhibited ability to mobilize and empower teams
- Able to organize and manage multiple projects at a time
- Agreement with YFC’s statement of faith
Our cultural attributes are not about competency. It is an obedience to the call of Christ on our lives. YFC believes that spiritually healthy adults fosters healthy relationships with our kids. We place a heavy commitment and emphasis on developing and equipping a Christ-centered life marked by Enduring Humility, Relentless Trust, Joyful Camaraderie, Courageous Faithfulness and Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Willing to demonstrate and/or possesses the following:
- Ability to humbly serve and honor others even in difficult situations with prayer, consistency, transparency, and resilience. (Enduring Humility)
- Demonstrates proper reliance on God, others, and self through generous giving of time and skills, by collaboratively incorporating others’ ideas, welcoming candid input, recognizing others’ need for grace and extending forgiveness and empathy. (Relentless Trust)
- Prioritizes others’ needs for a missional outcome, characterized by joy, with active listening and problem-solving skills, while encouraging and empowering fellow believers. (Joyful Camaraderie)
- Trusts God with new approaches and changes, and communicates needs and limits with emotional intelligence*, while seeking confidence and wisdom in Christ. (Courageous Faithfulness)
- Seeks and fosters authentic Christ-Centered relationships with people of various backgrounds and an inviting environment and empowers historically marginalized groups and indigenous populations (within the local context), through active listening, inclusion, advocacy of those who are vulnerable and respect of others’ experiences. (Kingdom Inspired Diversity)
Credentials Required & Preferred Education
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3 ore more years of fulltime youth ministry experience
All YFC employees are expected to regularly and actively participate in faithful activities that advance the stewardship functions of YFC/USA. These activities will include—but are not limited to— extending invitations to fund raising events, recruiting personal circle of influence/YFC donor contacts, sending letters, handwritten notes, personal calls, and personally ministering to donor contacts.
YFC is classified as an Association of Churches and as such our hiring practices reflect that designation. As a religious nonprofit organization, Youth For Christ incorporates within each leader role, the requirement to model, teach, share and live the faith. The relationship between YFC’s mission and each of its leaders is its lifeblood and as such does at all times and in all instances reserve the right to make employment decisions based upon a person’s religious beliefs, personal character and lifestyle consistent with our understanding of the Bible or with our overall goals and requirements for Christian ministry.
We seek to create a workplace that is intentional about Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Our commitment to our employees extends to their opportunities for growth, development, promotion, training and compensation.
We will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to the organization.