The Marketing & Events Specialist will ensure the successful delivery of a portfolio of assigned events and marketing responsibilities within the Events and Marketing departments of Metro Maryland Youth for Christ.
Marketing Leadership (50%)
- Serve as general editor for YFC’s national websites with comprehensive responsibilities for revision requests, copy writing and editing, basic photo editing, layout support, equipping local clients, training clients and analytics monitoring.
- Serve as general editor for YFC’s national email campaigns for external audiences with comprehensive responsibilities including copy writing and editing, list management, layout support, staging and analytics monitoring.
- Serve as the campaign lead for a nationally coordinated, locally integrated social media campaign to be executed on all YFC’s national channels. This includes:
- Campaign Strategy and Creation: Create, write, and stage a quarter-by-quarter social media plan that will be executed across all channels.
- Local segmentation: Modify a portion of the graphics and written content so that campaigns can be customized locally.
- Staging: Utilize social media staging tools that allow content to be scheduled and monitored across all channels.
- Analytics: Monitor analytics of website traffic and report to senior leadership, as requested.
- Equipping Clients: Maintain a “Social Media Support Guide” that articulates how local points of contact can augment/supplement the national campaign with their own local photos, posts, and updates.
- Training Clients: Host webinars and coaching sessions to train local points of contact on the equipping guide, ensuring that the national campaign is augmented/supplemented by excellent, brand-consistent local posts.
Event Leadership (40%)
- Responsible for a portfolio of events to be delivered according to the established Event Charter. Preferred assignments to event tasks focused on creative, communication and marketing.
- Responsible to plan and execute each event within the assigned portfolio according to the Event Charter. Documents such as event summaries, logistics maps and action plans will be required according to projects procedures.
- Form and lead, event and content teams. These teams will be encouraged, be creative, ensure the integration of YFC’s cultural attributes and accountability to deliver the chartered event.
- Contribute to a team environment where YFC’s cultural attributes are fully realized and work support is easily given and gained
- Develop new and existing relationships with potential and current event stakeholders
- Assignment of minimum essential matrixed personnel for event delivery according to established event charters.
- Ensure all matrixed personnel are appropriately assigned with the portfolio of events to specific event tasks according to project procedures.
- Provide clear direction and hold accountable according to scope/quality, timeline and cost expectations.
- Responsible for all onsite event activities.
- Responsible to document lessons learned and provide updates to documents in advance of future or concurrent event cycles.
- Mitigate risk through coordination with the Risk and Legal team. Record and mitigate identified risks accordingly. Mitigate risk through contracting procedures.
Financial Leadership (10%)
The Marketing Event Specialist will be responsible to execute the budget for events within their assigned portfolio.
- Detailed understanding of approved event budgets
- Responsible to coordinate with event team members and Lead Event Specialist to ensure budget performance meets or exceeds expectations
- Proactively works with outside event vendors to ensure services promised/rendered are within budgeted range
- In coordination with the Risk and Legal Department, solicit, negotiate and ensure adherence to all contracts and agreements with properties and other vendors.
- Proactively adjust revenues and expenses to ensure net objectives are upheld without impacts to quality.
Support of the National Service Center and Strategic Plan
- Lead or contribute to matrixed work as assigned
- Abide all deadlines and procedures
- Complete routine tasks (task list documents, use of systems, performance review, budget processes etc.)
Because the overriding religious purpose and mission of Youth for Christ USA is to communicate and introduce the Gospel of Jesus Christ to young people and their families, and in that regard to make, educate and encourage life-long disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ, it is very important that you as an employee in the movement of Youth for Christ be recognized as an associate minister of the Gospel. As an employee of Youth for Christ and an associate minister of the Gospel, YFC expects all employees to:
- Seek God’s guidance and wisdom, through prayer and meditation, for the organization as a whole as well as for specific ministry initiatives.
- Participate and lead regular times of prayer, devotion and worship as a regular aspect of your role within YFC.
- Teach and preach from the Holy Bible at YFC staff meetings, conferences, camps and events.
- Model empathy, humility and care for all people. This includes promoting equity and inclusion in word and in the practice of faith expression. YFC employees will have an opportunity to be commissioned or licensed as a minister of the Gospel through the established Youth for Christ process, and/or ordained by an outside body recognized by Youth for Christ USA.
YFC Cultural Attributes
Our cultural attributes are not about competency. It is an obedience to the call of Christ on our lives. YFC believes that spiritually healthy adults fosters healthy relationships with our kids. We place a heavy commitment and emphasis on developing and equipping a Christ-centered life marked by Enduring Humility, Relentless Trust, Joyful Camaraderie, Courageous Faithfulness and Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Our leaders are expected to be willing to demonstrate and/or possesses the following:
- Ability to humbly serve and honor others even in difficult situations with prayer, consistency, transparency, and resilience. (Enduring Humility)
- Demonstrates proper reliance on God, others, and self through generous giving of time and skills, by collaboratively incorporating others’ ideas, welcoming candid input, recognizing others’ need for grace and extending forgiveness and empathy. (Relentless Trust)
- Prioritizes others’ needs for a missional outcome, characterized by joy, with active listening and problem-solving skills, while encouraging and empowering fellow believers. (Joyful Camaraderie)
- Trusts God with new approaches and changes, and communicates needs and limits with emotional intelligence*, while seeking confidence and wisdom in Christ. (Courageous Faithfulness)
- Seeks and fosters authentic Christ-Centered relationships with people of various backgrounds and an inviting environment and empowers historically marginalized groups and indigenous populations (within the local context), through active listening, inclusion, advocacy of those who are vulnerable and respect of others’ experiences. (Kingdom Inspired Diversity)
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Project management experience
- Attention to detail
- Multi-tasker with strong work ethic
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
Credentials Required & Preferred Education
- BA in Marketing, Communications, Projects or Business or equivalent experience
- Minimum one-year event experience
- Minimum one-year marketing experience
All YFC employees are expected to regularly and actively participate in faithful activities that advance the stewardship functions of YFC/USA. These activities will include—but are not limited to— extending invitations to fund raising events, recruiting personal circle of influence/YFC donor contacts, sending letters, handwritten notes, personal calls, and personally ministering to donor contacts.
YFC is classified as an Association of Churches and as such our hiring practices reflect that designation. As a religious nonprofit organization, Youth For Christ incorporates within each leader role, the requirement to model, teach, share and live the faith. The relationship between YFC’s mission and each of its leaders is its lifeblood and as such does at all times and in all instances reserve the right to make employment decisions based upon a person’s religious beliefs, personal character and lifestyle consistent with our understanding of the Bible or with our overall goals and requirements for Christian ministry.
We seek to create a workplace that is intentional about Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Our commitment to our employees extends to their opportunities for growth, development, promotion, training and compensation.
We will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to the organization.