Sioux City, IA
May 16, 2023
Marketing & Communications
Location / Chapter
The Marketing and Events Director exists to grow the ministry of Siouxland YFC through marketing, fundraising events and communication outlets. Organizationally, the Marketing and Events Coordinator is responsible to create environments to grow SYFC’s network of church partners, volunteers, and financial partners. This is accomplished through:
1. Working with our Executive Leadership Team/XLT (Executive Director, Devlopment and Ministry Directors and Regional Directors) and our Community Leaders / Ministry Staff to create a consistent thread of communication to the community through:
2. Organizing events, event follow up and faithful activity communications with partners
3. Oversee the evaluation of metrics:
4. Working with our XLT, coordinating and managing an Annual Marketing / Communications Calendar for all of the above
The Marketing & Events Coordinator is someone with strong organizational, creative and communication skills.
1. They will coordinate and host events, fundraising campaigns, ministry tours, social media, communication schedules, and develop and oversee the annual marketing and communications calendar for internal purposes.
2. Event planning responsibilities include: coordinating regional See the Story, Be the Story, and Champions event cycles, and other community fundraising and appreciation events, church presentations (directly or coordinating speakers), college recruitment fairs (fairs, exhibits, booths), and other events or community events.
Event Planning Leadership: (40%)
Multi-Channel Marketing / Communications: (40%)
Communication Coordinator: (20%)
Support of the Siouxland YFC Strategic Plan:
Because the overriding religious purpose and mission of Youth for Christ USA is to communicate and introduce the Gospel of Jesus Christ to young people and their families, and in that regard to make, educate and encourage life-long disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ, it is very important that you as an employee in the movement of Youth for Christ be recognized as an associate minister of the Gospel. As an employee of Youth for Christ and an associate minister of the Gospel, YFC expects all employees to:
YFC Cultural Attributes
Our cultural attributes are not about competency. It is an obedience to the call of Christ on our lives. YFC believes that spiritually healthy adults fosters healthy relationships with our kids. We place a heavy commitment and emphasis on developing and equipping a Christ-centered life marked by Enduring Humility, Relentless Trust, Joyful Camaraderie, Courageous Faithfulness and Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Our leaders are expected to be willing to demonstrate and/or possesses the following:
Knowledge & Skills
Credentials Required & Preferred Education
All YFC employees are expected to regularly and actively participate in faithful activities that advance the stewardship functions of Siouxland YFC. These activities will include—but are not limited to— extending invitations to fund raising events, recruiting personal circle of influence / YFC assigned donor contacts, sending letters, handwritten notes, personal calls, and personally ministering to donor contacts.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
1. Paid Time Off Program (based upon fiscal year calendar and prorated based on hire date)
Health & Welfare and Training Benefits:
On the job training provided, but not limited to:
YFC is classified as an Association of Churches and as such our hiring practices reflect that designation. As a religious nonprofit organization, Youth For Christ incorporates within each leader role, the requirement to model, teach, share and live the faith. The relationship between YFC’s mission and each of its leaders is its lifeblood and as such does at all times and in all instances reserve the right to make employment decisions based upon a person’s religious beliefs, personal character and lifestyle consistent with our understanding of the Bible or with our overall goals and requirements for Christian ministry.
We seek to create a workplace that is intentional about Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Our commitment to our employees extends to their opportunities for growth, development, promotion, training and compensation.
We will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to the organization.