July 12, 2023
Marketing & Communications
Location / Chapter
West Sound Area
The Marketing Administrative Assistant will work primarily with the YFC Development Director to assist with a variety of administrative tasks and help manage development process for YFC. This employee may also work with the rest of the YFC in various capacities to ensure the mission of YFC is moving forward.
This employee will be the assistant to the Development Director as they work with the financial partners.
The majority of regular day to day correspondence and communication from the Development Department will flow through this employee. Excellent grammar and writing skills are very important. As are good communication skills included but not limited to phone, email, and texting.
The Marketing Administrative Assistant will help create print and media content to help further the mission of West Sound YFC.
This employee will handle large amounts of confidential data. The employee must be able to hold confidential data in confidence.
This employee with with a variety of people and personalities. Frequently this employee will be in the office working while the other staff are out in the field. This employee should be able to work well with people, but also when alone.
Some remote work is possible; however, the majority of work will be done in the office.
· Managing our social media company
· Updating our website
· Creating flyers, posts, other publications (when needed)
· Assisting with Development Events
· Assist with auction procurement and management
· Assisting Development Director with Virtuous/ donor follow up
· Additional administrative duties as needed
Because the overriding religious purpose and mission of Youth for Christ USA is to communicate and introduce the Gospel of Jesus Christ to young people and their families, and in that regard to make, educate and encourage life-long disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ, it is very important that you as an employee in the movement of Youth for Christ be recognized as an associate minister of the Gospel.
As an employee of Youth for Christ and an associate minister of the Gospel, YFC expects all employees to:
· Seek God’s guidance and wisdom, through prayer and meditation, for the organization as a whole as well as for specific ministry initiatives.
· Participate and lead regular times of prayer, devotion and worship as a regular aspect of your role within YFC.
· Teach and preach from the Holy Bible at YFC staff meetings, conferences, camps and events.
· Model empathy, humility and care for all people. This includes promoting equity and inclusion in word and in the practice of faith expression.
Additionally, YFC employees will have an opportunity to be commissioned or licensed as a minister of the Gospel through the established Youth for Christ process, and/or ordained by an outside body recognized by Youth for Christ USA.
All YFC employees are expected to regularly and actively participate in faithful activities that advance the stewardship functions of YFC/USA. These activities will include—but are not limited to— extending invitations to fund raising events, recruiting personal circle of influence/YFC donor contacts, sending letters, handwritten notes, personal calls, and personally ministering to donor contacts.
As the Marketing Assistant is primarily a fund development role. Fundraising will be a large part of this job.
Knowledge & Skills:
· Extensive use of Microsoft Office and Adobe products as well as a variety of web-based applications for various job functions on a day-to-day basis.
· Experience working with a robust CRM such as Salesforce or similar.
· The ability to communicate well in various forms of communication clearly and succinctly including, but not limited to; email, video conferencing, telephone, and text.
· Excellent grammar and proof-reading skills.
· Experience using website builders such as Wix, Squarespace, etc.
Preferred Credentials & Education:
· AA or BA preferred
· Experience in a marketing or administrative setting preferred
Ability to communicate orally with customers, vendors, management, and other co-workers is crucial. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential. Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information, and to prepare or inspect documents.
Activities require the ability to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time, occasionally move about inside the office to access files or office equipment, operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, hand held devices, copy machine, and computer printer.
Ability to lift and carry up to 35 pounds, setting up and taking down tables and chairs, carrying signage and other supplies. Good manual dexterity required for the use of computers, mobile devices, and other productivity technologies.
YFC is classified as an Association of Churches and as such our hiring practices reflect that designation. As a religious nonprofit organization, Youth For Christ incorporates within each leader role, the requirement to model, teach, share and live the faith. The relationship between YFC’s mission and each of its leaders is its lifeblood and as such does at all times and in all instances reserve the right to make employment decisions based upon a person’s religious beliefs, personal character and lifestyle consistent with our understanding of the Bible or with our overall goals and requirements for Christian ministry.
We seek to create a workplace that is intentional about Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Our commitment to our employees extends to their opportunities for growth, development, promotion, training and compensation.
We will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to the organization.