Grand Rapids, MI
May 25, 2022
Fundraising & Development
Location / Chapter
West Michigan Area
To deepen the engagement of potential and current major giving partners.
• Help our giving partners accomplish their philanthropic goals and ambitions through a relationship with our organization
• Secure major gifts at the $2,000 and up level with the goal of raising $200,000+ annually
• Manage systems and software to track and cultivate giving partners and prospects, including our donor database and wealth screening tools
• Manage existing portfolio of 60 giving partners and 40 prospects
• Work with the development department to align efforts and set goals
• Invite and host major giving partners at STS, BTS as part of their giving partner strategy
• Make direct, face-to-face solicitations, and assist the board and other staff with their solicitation (e.g. provide portfolio development support, strategic counsel, and help with donor communications)
• Acknowledge major giving partners through public and private recognition
• Track and report progress using specific metrics
• Participate in the life of the WMYFC Team gatherings and events as needed.
• Participate in the development team activities as needed
All WMYFC employees will be given the opportunity to be involved in the Stewardship functions of YFC. These opportunities could include fundraising events, circle of influence/YFC donor contacts with a specific goal, and other opportunities as provided.
Because the overriding religious purpose and mission of Youth for Christ USA is to communicate and introduce the Gospel of Jesus Christ to young people and their families, and in that regard to make, educate and encourage life-long disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ, it is very important that you as an employee in the movement of Youth for Christ be recognized as an associate minister of the Gospel. As an employee of Youth for Christ and an associate minister of the Gospel, YFC expects all employees to:
YFC employees will have an opportunity to be commissioned or licensed as a minister of the Gospel through the established Youth for Christ process, and/or ordained by an outside body recognized by Youth for Christ USA.
YFC Cultural Attributes
Our cultural attributes are not about competency. It is an obedience to the call of Christ on our lives. YFC believes that spiritually healthy adults fosters healthy relationships with our kids. We place a heavy commitment and emphasis on developing and equipping a Christ-centered life marked by Enduring Humility, Relentless Trust, Joyful Camaraderie, Courageous Faithfulness, and Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Our leaders are expected to be willing to demonstrate and/or possesses the following:
Knowledge & Skills
• Spiritual Maturity that will help potential giving partners to discern their next steps in giving and engagement.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated competence in relationship building.
• Willingness to travel around our ministry area.
• Willingness to work alone and collaboratively.
• Ability to connect donors with appropriate colleagues for successful results.
• Familiarity with Salesforce, Trello, Zoom, and Google Drive preferred
Credentials Required & Preferred Education
Minimum of a bachelor's degree. Prefer some experience in fund development, direct sales, or marketing.
All YFC employees are expected to regularly and actively participate in faithful activities that advance the stewardship functions of YFC/USA. These activities will include—but are not limited to— extending invitations to fund raising events, recruiting personal circle of influence/YFC donor contacts, sending letters, handwritten notes, personal calls, and personally ministering to donor contacts.
Daily local travel between Grand Rapids & Lakeshore. Minimal air travel except for trainings, etc.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
YFC is classified as an Association of Churches and as such our hiring practices reflect that designation. As a religious nonprofit organization, Youth For Christ incorporates within each leader role, the requirement to model, teach, share and live the faith. The relationship between YFC’s mission and each of its leaders is its lifeblood and as such does at all times and in all instances reserve the right to make employment decisions based upon a person’s religious beliefs, personal character and lifestyle consistent with our understanding of the Bible or with our overall goals and requirements for Christian ministry.
We seek to create a workplace that is intentional about Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Our commitment to our employees extends to their opportunities for growth, development, promotion, training and compensation.
We will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to the organization.