GOAL: To advance the mission and vision of Central Ohio Youth for Christ by mobilizing, staff and volunteer teams to achieve our chapter's initiatives and ministry outcome goals.
KEY OBJECTIVE: To lead and develop your ministry site to excellence and model God dependent leadership to the staff and volunteer teams they lead.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Manage Ministry Outcomes for the Site
- Use Stats/data as a dashboard to lead your site and make ongoing course corrections
- Oversee all curriculum and make necessary adjustments to fit our model
- Work with JJM Admin staff to hit deadlines, time sheets, monthly newsletters and daily email correspondence.
- Work with JJM Admin staff to have prayer initiatives make sure that staff and volunteers are keeping this a priority.
- Work with JJM Admin staff to create volunteer roles and job descriptions update annually as needed.
- Have weekly, monthly or quarterly meetings with volunteers for individual growth, encouragement and trust building with staff. Provide a minimum of 4 quality volunteer meetings for unity and effective team leadership.
- Work with Outreach Ministries Director and Leadership Development Director to participate in ongoing development/training experiences (Including YFC/USA retreats or trainings)
- Oversee quality control for Bible Studies, Chapels, Bible 411, individual meeting time if needed
Help Recruit and Train Relational Volunteer Leaders
- Prayerfully help recruit and train relational adult volunteers [ Bridge-builder, Mentoring, JDC ]
- Pilot getting the mentoring program started with specific goals [get trained on the program]
- Help build relational bridges and coordinate the involvement of the local Christian community to assist with providing services inside and outside juvenile detention facilities.
- To initiate and develop supportive relationships with court personnel and other service providers to at-risk youth in order to form positive collaborations for COYFC programs for students to engage in.
- To model and prayerfully coach your team on how to strive to have effective short and long term relationships with students who are or have been involved with the Juvenile Court System
Maintain the Student Ministry Data
- Work with JJM Admin staff on data for YFC Impact and use for COYFC Ministry Results/Score Card and make sure data is complete by monthly due date.
- Use data/score card to lead and inform volunteers of prayer concerns and areas of encouragement or need for retooling.
- Support Leadership Development in credentialing efforts and maintenance of staff and volunteer compliance with YFC/USA
Participate in Site Team for STS/BTS
- Know and help achieve team goals, train to be a team leader for JJM Franklin Co
- Model personal progress on required goals and encourage other team mates even if you’re not team leader.
- Offer development regular feedback, ideas, making timely follow-up phone calls ect.
- Support Development Team efforts to improve the whole process, timely responses and participate in trainings
- Help grow 1-2 new story tellers each year by helping students and young leaders be capable of sharing their testimony.
- Regularly keep Outreach Ministries Director updated on progress and areas that need improvement
Personal Training and Equipping
- Read agreed upon books determined by supervisor and employee- set annual reading list
- Regularly come to supervision with suggestions and possible solutions
- Do predetermined site visits when needed
- Attend predetermined conferences that will further learning and equipping or team building.
Because the overriding religious purpose and mission of Youth for Christ USA is to communicate and introduce the Gospel of Jesus Christ to young people and their families, and in that regard to make, educate and encourage life-long disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ, it is very important that you as an employee in the movement of Youth for Christ be recognized as an associate minister of the Gospel.
As an employee of Youth for Christ and a minister of the Gospel, COYFC expects all employees to:
- Seek God’s guidance and wisdom, through prayer and meditation, for the organization as a whole as well as for specific ministry initiatives.
- Participate and lead regular times of prayer, devotion and worship as a regular aspect of your role within YFC.
- Regularly share the gospel message with students who come into contact with COYFC ministries.
YFC is classified as an Association of Churches and as such our hiring practices reflect that designation. As a religious nonprofit organization, Youth For Christ incorporates within each leader role, the requirement to model, teach, share and live the faith. The relationship between YFC’s mission and each of its leaders is its lifeblood and as such does at all times and in all instances reserve the right to make employment decisions based upon a person’s religious beliefs, personal character and lifestyle consistent with our understanding of the Bible or with our overall goals and requirements for Christian ministry.
We seek to create a workplace that is intentional about Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Our commitment to our employees extends to their opportunities for growth, development, promotion, training and compensation.
We will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to the organization.