April 18, 2023
Location / Chapter
San Joaquin Valley Area
Under the general supervision of the Executive Director (ED), this position provides administrative support to the ED, including general office operations, events, and donor management.
1) Executive Director Assistance
● Executing multiple, varied projects.
● Communications: Fielding and responding to organizational emails and phone calls to
● Assembling and maintaining Board Member Binders.
● Preparing cards and thank you lists.
● Scheduling fundraising and networking appointments.
● Calendaring for the ED and organization.
● Keeping track of donor/staff/volunteer information such as birthdays/anniversaries and
● Keeping copious notes.
● Booking travel, purchasing items for meetings, tracking receipts.
● Acting as a gatekeeper for ED, protecting time and focus.
● Overseeing and collaborating on communications and newsletters.
● Assisting with grants and reporting.
● Helping prepare staff agendas as needed.
● Executing other duties as needed and asked.
● Hosting fundraisers (i.e., luncheons at STS; coordinating refreshments/lunch, seating
arrangements, decorations, print media, etc.)
● PR work with radio/TV/Social Media – helping publicize events, ministry highlights, and YFC
3) Office Management
● Database (Kindful) Management: Processing donations, updating donor records, reporting,
● Taking on projects (i.e. scheduling office maintenance, researching purchasing options and
● Helping to train new admin staff, overseeing general operations as assigned.
● Troubleshooting and putting out fires impacting ED.
● Ensuring the annual YFC Chartering requirements are completed on time.
● Keeping staff files current.
General Staff Expectations:
● Maintaining a vital and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ and demonstrating
that relationship through a morally upstanding lifestyle that is in keeping with biblical
principles (see YFC Lifestyle Standards).
● Maintaining good attendance and agreed-upon work schedule, communicating variations in
● Attending staff meetings.
● Participating in every “all-staff” ministry or fundraising event unless excused by the ED.
● Demonstrating involvement in a local church through regular attendance, relationships with
other members, and participation in ministry programs and events.
● Fully embracing the Youth for Christ vision and mission, and fully supporting the statement of
Because the overriding religious purpose and mission of Youth for Christ USA is to communicate and introduce the Gospel of Jesus Christ to young people and their families, and in that regard to make, educate and encourage life-long disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ, it is very important that you as an employee in the movement of Youth for Christ be recognized as an associate minister of the Gospel. As an employee of Youth for Christ and an associate minister of the Gospel, YFC expects all employees to:
Knowledge & Skills
Willing to demonstrate and/or possesses the following:
● Responsible directly to Executive Director
● Interacts directly with: All SJVYFC staff, volunteers, board members, and chapter constituents.
As a part of the body of Christ, the vision of Youth for Christ is to see every young person in every people group in every nation have the opportunity to make an informed decision to be a follower of Jesus Christ and to become a part of a local church.
YFC reaches young people everywhere, working together with the local church and other like-minded partners to raise up lifelong followers of Jesus who lead by their godliness in lifestyle, devotion to the Word of God and prayer, passion for sharing the love of Christ, and commitment to social involvement.
Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the infallible authoritative Word of God.
2. We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in
His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the
Father, and His personal return to power and glory.
4. We believe that the salvation of lost and sinful people is by the grace of God through faith and the
shed blood of the Lord Jesus and that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to
live a godly life.
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the
resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers.
Credentials Required & Preferred Education
All YFC employees are expected to regularly and actively participate in faithful activities that advance the stewardship functions of YFC/USA. These activities will include—but are not limited to— extending invitations to fundraising events, recruiting personal circle of influence/YFC donor contacts, sending letters, handwritten notes, personal calls, and personally ministering to donor contacts.
YFC is classified as an Association of Churches and as such our hiring practices reflect that designation. As a religious nonprofit organization, Youth For Christ incorporates within each leader role, the requirement to model, teach, share and live the faith. The relationship between YFC’s mission and each of its leaders is its lifeblood and as such does at all times and in all instances reserve the right to make employment decisions based upon a person’s religious beliefs, personal character and lifestyle consistent with our understanding of the Bible or with our overall goals and requirements for Christian ministry.
We seek to create a workplace that is intentional about Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Our commitment to our employees extends to their opportunities for growth, development, promotion, training and compensation.
We will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to the organization.