January 19, 2022
Fundraising & Development
Location / Chapter
West Sound Area
$16- $19 per hour
25+ per week
The Development Assistant works closely with the Director of Development & Marketing. Together they will implement our development system, organize and execute events, work directly with young people at ministry sites, and build relationships with individual financial partners. The goal of the development and marketing department is to bring in new giving partners and volunteers while building awareness of YFC’s work through effectively using the See The Story, Be The Story, Champions model in our community.
This person MUST enjoy building relationships—and talking on the telephone! They are involved in the entire process of bringing in new prospects and cultivating relationships that connect them to opportunities for involvement and financial giving and ultimately life-long partners of Youth For Christ.
The ideal candidate must:
· Be comfortable in a public facing role
· Enjoy talking to people on the phone
· Be skilled in volunteer recruitment/placement
· Have the ability to assemble and mobilize teams
· Possess the maturity and ability to interact with all types of people
· Enjoy developing relationships with people over time.
· Be detail-oriented and committed to tracking every conversation in your database
· Have experience planning and executing events.
· Assists in organizing and executing several large events throughout the year. (Be the Story, Champions Brunch, Planned Giving seminar, among others.)
· Assists organizing and executing multiple See The Stories each month based on goals set with staff, board, and other partners. (day & time varies) (minimum 80 annually)
· Assists in organizing and executing multiple community support teams in various communities within our chapter.
· Adheres to the Benevon development model as the standard and best practice & looks to the STS/BTS/Champions Playbook as a guide.
· Is comfortable speaking in front of groups, following a script, and clearly articulating the mission and vision of YFC.
· Works closely with YFC Office manager to schedule events and ensure the calendar is up to date.
· Assists in managing chapter social media
· Manages Chapter wide print newsletters. (Gathers content, places in the template, generates mailing list, places order from print/mail house)
· Manages Year-end Campaign timeline (Concept, Copy, Print, Mail, etc.)
· Follows YFC Marketing Plan for events and chapter-wide promotions.
· Helps at various ministry sites on a regular basis.
· Takes photos of ministry in action.
· Participates in tracking and reporting of data from events
· Adheres to training and coaching
· Assembles, empowers, and works with a team of volunteers to execute events
Position time breakdown would look something like...
o 20% Direct Ministry Experiences (Apprx. 6 hours)
o 30% Tasks – Social media, CRM, Events, Etc. (Approx. 8 hours)
o 25% Development Work (Apprx. 6 hours)
o 15% Meetings (Apprx. 4 hours)
o 10% Flex Time (Apprx. 3 hours)
Because the overriding religious purpose and mission of Youth for Christ USA is to communicate and introduce the Gospel of Jesus Christ to young people and their families, and in that regard to make, educate and encourage life-long disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ, it is very important that you as an employee in the movement of Youth for Christ be recognized as an associate minister of the Gospel.
As an employee of Youth for Christ and an associate minister of the Gospel, YFC expects all employees to:
· Seek God’s guidance and wisdom, through prayer and meditation, for the organization as a whole as well as for specific ministry initiatives.
· Participate and lead regular times of prayer, devotion, and worship as a regular aspect of your role within YFC.
· Teach and preach from the Holy Bible at YFC staff meetings, conferences, camps, and events.
· Model empathy, humility, and care for all people. This includes promoting equity and inclusion in word and in the practice of faith expression.
· Additionally, YFC employees will have an opportunity to be commissioned or licensed as a minister of the Gospel through the established Youth for Christ process, and/or ordained by an outside body recognized by Youth for Christ USA.
All YFC employees are expected to regularly and actively participate in faithful activities that advance the stewardship functions of YFC/USA. These activities will include—but are not limited to— extending invitations to fundraising events, recruiting personal circle of influence/YFC donor contacts, sending letters, handwritten notes, personal calls, and personally ministering to donor contacts.
As the Development Assistant is primarily a fund development role. Fundraising will be a large part of this job.
Knowledge & Skills:
· Knowledge and demonstrated skills in each of Youth for Christ’s Cultural Attributes (Christ-Centered, Kingdom Inspired Diversity, Joyful Camaraderie, Relentless Trust, Enduring Humility and Courageous Faithfulness)
· Strong communication skills – Phone, texting, email, in person.
· Basic design skills
· Able to work well with the public
· Independent worker, but also a team player
· Knowledge and experience with various social media platforms.
· Fund development experience a plus
· Able to work with people of all ages, Youth 11-19 as well as adults.
· Collaborative, Fun, team player, outgoing
· Ability to use an Apple computer and the ability to work with web-based and computer-based applications such as Box.com. Microsoft Office, Virtuous CRM, Adobe Suite, Canva.com, Panda Doc, Gusto, Divvy among others.
Preferred Credentials & Education:
AA or BA preferred.
Experience may be substituted.
Ability to communicate orally with customers, vendors, management, and other co-workers is crucial. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential. Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information, and to prepare or inspect documents.
Activities require the ability to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time, occasionally move about inside the office to access files or office equipment, operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, handheld devices, copy machine, and computer printer.
Ability to lift and carry up to 35 pounds, setting up and taking down tables and chairs, carrying signage and other supplies. Good manual dexterity is required for the use of computers, mobile devices, and other production technologies.
Extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer and phone are normal. As well as extended periods of standing or walking.
Traveling around Kitsap and North Mason counties will be required on a regular basis. Ability to use your own car to travel locally (fuel stipend available)
The Development Assistant will work under the Director of Development and Marketing and will work within the development budget.
Team of volunteers.
Paid Time Off
403b Retirement Account
YFC is classified as an Association of Churches and as such our hiring practices reflect that designation. As a religious nonprofit organization, Youth For Christ incorporates within each leader role, the requirement to model, teach, share and live the faith. The relationship between YFC’s mission and each of its leaders is its lifeblood and as such does at all times and in all instances reserve the right to make employment decisions based upon a person’s religious beliefs, personal character and lifestyle consistent with our understanding of the Bible or with our overall goals and requirements for Christian ministry.
We seek to create a workplace that is intentional about Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Our commitment to our employees extends to their opportunities for growth, development, promotion, training and compensation.
We will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to the organization.