May 23, 2022
Fundraising & Development
Location / Chapter
$21,859 - $26,230
The Community Engagement Coordinator (CEC) is a relationship cultivator extraordinaire. S/he is a champion for YFC Military to acquire new giving partners while building awareness of YFC Military’s work by effectively using the processes and practices provided in YFC’s national development model.
Both relationally gifted and motivated by metrics, the CEC is energized by proactive conversations that culminate into seeing a potential giving partner introduced to YFC Military’s work, invited to give, and by seeing enhanced missional commitment towards stated benchmarks and goals.
The CEC is the primary mouthpiece for YFC Military, including monthly communications and social media.
Relationship Development (Find > Win > Keep > Lift) (25%)
· Builds relationships through faithful, personalized touchpoints with current and potential giving partners interested in funding YFC’s military ministry
· Graciously and respectfully invites prospects toward financial partnership and encourages YFC Military staff to do the same
· Effectively manages follow-ups with attendees of all Chapter events, and respondents of all Chapter communication
· Enters attendee/respondent information into database, cultivates relationships with new partners and guiding them to involvement with YFC Military funding
· Proactively reaches out to potential giving partners to inspire participation with YFC’s military mission
· Leads YFC Military in relational care of all partners by reporting missional progress and expressing gratitude through thank you notes, personal calls, and gifts as appropriate
Event Support (Physical and Virtual) (10%)
· As part of the YFC Military Development Team, helps to execute (physical and virtual) acquisition-oriented events, including regular See The Story and Be The Story events. This team will:
· Organize and host regular “no ask” events and strategies according to targeted goals
· Organize and host regular “financial ask” events and strategies according to targeted goals
· Organize and host appreciation events and strategies according to targeted goals (virtual or physical)
· In partnership with the External Marketing Team, executes acquisition-oriented events on social media channels
· Manages invites and RSVPs to YFC Military sponsored events and other military ministry events as agreed-upon (schedule permitting)
· Follows applicable YFC Marketing Plans for promoting each event
· Participates in tracking and reporting data from events, mailing campaigns, etc
Donor Communication (50%)
· Utilizes tools and platforms provided by YFC’s External Marketing department to prepare and send ministry updates in the form of monthly letters, emails, etc.
· Collects ministry update content from staff, volunteers and youth (i.e. quotes, stories, images, footage) on an ongoing basis to customize communications where appropriate
· Posts weekly to all YFC Military Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram platforms
· Implements lapsed donor communication strategies and either guides staff to follow-up, or personally follows-up, as advised and equipped by the Development Model
· Implements special communication projects as assigned
Staff COI Program (10%)
· Leads and inspires YFC Military staff to accomplish the same faithful activities above through their own COI
· Coaches YFC Military staff to graciously and respectfully invite prospects toward financial partnership
· Holds YFC Military staff accountable towards their stated goals
· Orients new YFC Military staff to the COI program
· Transitions giving partner stewardship to other YFC Military staff (as appropriate when staff transition away from YFC)
Personal Development (5%)
· Develop a plan to invest in your personal health, wellness and resiliency
· Meet monthly with supervisor to discuss personal health plan
Seek God’s guidance and wisdom, through prayer and meditation, for the organization as a whole as well as for specific ministry initiatives.
Participate and lead regular times of prayer, devotion and worship as a regular aspect of your role within YFC.
Teach and preach from the Holy Bible at YFC staff meetings, conferences, camps and events.
Model empathy, humility and care for all people. This includes promoting equity and inclusion in word and in the practice of faith expression.
YFC employees will have an opportunity to be commissioned or licensed as a minister of the Gospel through the established Youth For Christ process, and/or ordained by an outside body recognized by Youth For Christ, USA.
Responsible to maintain and grow the YFC Military revenue stream in the form of regular giving partners, including through YFC Military staff “circle of influence” efforts.
All YFC employees are expected to regularly and actively participate in faithful activities that advance the stewardship functions of YFC, USA. These activities will include—but are not limited to— extending invitations to fund raising events, recruiting personal circle of influence/YFC donor contacts, sending letters, handwritten notes, personal calls, and personally ministering to donor contacts.
[YFC may attach a minimum fundraising goal to certain projects, activities, departments, or individuals. As a Chapter Launch employee, you are given the opportunity to engage people in giving to the Ministry. These funds are used towards the expenses of your budget. It is the responsibility of every chapter launch employee to maintain a positive account balance with YFC/USA and to be responsible for maintaining and growing revenue stream in the form of regular giving partners. Therefore, following YFC/USA’s policies and procedures for donor development and fundraising is expected.]
Knowledge & Skills
· Possess a working knowledge of, or be willing to quickly attain, skills required for mass email communication and social media platforms
· This person MUST enjoy building relationships—and talking on the telephone!
· Be comfortable in a public facing role
· Be skilled in giving partner recruitment and relationship cultivation
· Have the ability to inspire, assemble, and mobilize YFC Military staff to participate enthusiastically and meet their COI goals
· Possess the maturity and ability to interact with all types of people
· Enjoy developing relationships with people over time
· Be detail-oriented and committed to tracking every conversation in your database
· Value and appreciate the power of stories
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Able to follow a prescribed model while working creatively within its parameters
· Excited about learning new things
· Ability to organize and plan events
· Work independently and accomplish required tasks
Must be willing to demonstrate and/or possesses the following:
Ability to humbly serve and honor others even in difficult situations with prayer, consistency, transparency, and resilience. (Enduring Humility).
Demonstrates proper reliance on God, others, and self through generous giving of time and skills, by collaboratively incorporating others’ ideas, welcoming candid input, recognizing others’ need for grace and extending forgiveness and empathy. (Relentless Trust).
Prioritizes others’ needs for a missional outcome, characterized by joy, with active listening and problem-solving skills, while encouraging and empowering fellow believers. (Joyful Camaraderie).Trusts God with new approaches and changes, and communicates needs and limits with emotional intelligence*, while seeking confidence and wisdom in Christ. (Courageous Faithfulness)
Seeks and fosters authentic Christ-Centered relationships with people of various backgrounds and an inviting environment and empowers historically marginalized groups and indigenous populations (within the local context), through active listening, inclusion, advocacy of those who are vulnerable and respect of others’ experiences. (Kingdom Inspired Diversity).
Credentials Required & Preferred Education
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· A passion and drive for fundraising, sales, customer service, or customer experience is a must
· Some event planning and management experience. Must be open to meeting new people and providing a positive interaction
TRAINING PROVIDED: This role requires training in the See The Story/Be The Story /YFC Champions Playbook pending Best Practice. This on-demand virtual training is provided by the Leader Formation Department and will include resources to help fulfill the responsibilities of this role.
YFC is classified as an Association of Churches and as such our hiring practices reflect that designation. As a religious nonprofit organization, Youth For Christ incorporates within each leader role, the requirement to model, teach, share and live the faith. The relationship between YFC’s mission and each of its leaders is its lifeblood and as such does at all times and in all instances reserve the right to make employment decisions based upon a person’s religious beliefs, personal character and lifestyle consistent with our understanding of the Bible or with our overall goals and requirements for Christian ministry.
We seek to create a workplace that is intentional about Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Our commitment to our employees extends to their opportunities for growth, development, promotion, training and compensation.
We will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to the organization.