The Community Development Coordinator exists to advance the mission of West Michigan
Youth for Christ by coordinating the execution of the chapter’s comprehensive giving partner
acquisition strategy. Qualified candidates must have a heart for stewardship ministry, be an
organized self-starter, possess strong management and relational skills, and be proficient in
both written and verbal communication.
The Community Engagement Coordinator (CEC) is a relationship cultivator extraordinaire. S/he is a champion for the National Service Center (NSC) to acquire new giving partners while building awareness of YFC’s work through effectively using the processes and practices provided through YFC’s national development model. Both relationally gifted and motivated by metrics, the CEC is energized by proactive conversations that culminate into seeing a potential giving partner introduced to YFC’s work, invited to give, and by seeing enhanced missional commitment towards stated benchmarks and goals. Additionally, s/he is motivated by seeing partners become more generous in their ongoing giving, and by seeing lapsed partners re-engage with our mission. S/he is involved in the entire process of bringing in new prospects and cultivating relationships that connect them to opportunities for involvement and financial giving and ultimately life-long partners of Youth For Christ.
See the Story (acquisition events)
- Oversees and coordinates WMYFC’s acquisition process through See the Story tours.
- Regularly coordinate and host tours
- Coordinate marketing tours through social media, website, and network with WYFC Marketing Specialist
- Assemble, equip, and empower a team to run tours
- Track data and prospects from tours
- Works with all primary stewards to move prospects forward to area of engagement with mission.
Be the Story (ask events)
- Oversees and coordinates WMYFC’s ask event process through Be the Story.
- Oversee multiple geographically placed events once a year
- Coordinate marketing events through social media, website, and network with WMYFC Marketing Specialist
- Assemble, equip, and empower a team to invite and run events
- Track data, prospects, and new giving partners
- Works with all primary stewards to move prospects forward to area of engagement with the mission
Champions Events (thank you events)
- Oversees and coordinates WMYFC’s thank you events.
- Oversee one or more mission thank-you events each year
- Coordinate marketing events to mission champions with WMYFC Marketing Specialist
- Track RSVPs, attendees, and any follow-up
- Assemble, equip, and empower a team to invite and run an excellent thank you event.
Other Strategic Events
- Oversees and coordinates WMYFC’s key partner events
- Oversee a variety of other key events throughout the year
- Coordinate marketing materials for event with WMYFC Marketing Specialist
- Track registrations, data related to follow-up, and other pertinent info
- Assemble and equip teams to prepare and run best-in-class events
- Develop, build, and manage a portfolio of ministry partner relationships
- Meet individually with existing and prospective ministry partners
- Provide personal follow-up correspondence: thank you notes, phone calls, texts, email, etc.
- Seek God’s guidance and wisdom, through prayer and meditation, for the organization as a whole as well as for specific ministry initiatives.
- Participate and lead regular times of prayer, devotion and worship as a regular aspect of your role within YFC.
- Teach and preach from the Holy Bible at YFC staff meetings, conferences, camps and events.
- Model empathy, humility and care for all people. This includes promoting equity and inclusion in word and in the practice of faith expression.
YFC employees will have an opportunity to be commissioned or licensed as a minister of the Gospel through the established Youth for Christ process, and/or ordained by an outside body recognized by Youth for Christ USA.
All YFC employees are expected to regularly and actively participate in faithful activities that advance the stewardship functions of YFC/USA.
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills, excellent verbal communication and writing skills.
- Excellent organizational and managerial skills.
- Ability to present oneself professionally.
- Ability to follow-up and ensure that tasks are brought to completion in a superior manner.
- Ability to use tact, excellent judgment, and discretion.
- Ability to oversee, supervise, and train other individuals.
- Knowledge of computer word processing, spreadsheet, email, and database applications.
- Flexibility, adaptability, attention to detail, and the ability to work on multiple tasks under deadlines.
- Ability to establish positive, effective, and appropriate working relationships with a wide variety of individuals throughout the organization.
- Knowledge or experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps for Non-Profits, Salesforce, Zoom, Mail Chimp
Must be willing to demonstrate and/or possesses the following:
- Ability to humbly serve and honor others even in difficult situations with prayer, consistency, transparency, and resilience. (Enduring Humility).
- Demonstrates proper reliance on God, others, and self through generous giving of time and skills, by collaboratively incorporating others’ ideas, welcoming candid input, recognizing others’ need for grace and extending forgiveness and empathy. (Relentless Trust).
- Prioritizes others’ needs for a missional outcome, characterized by joy, with active listening and problem-solving skills, while encouraging and empowering fellow believers. (Joyful Camaraderie).Trusts God with new approaches and changes, and communicates needs and limits with emotional intelligence*, while seeking confidence and wisdom in Christ. (Courageous Faithfulness)
- Seeks and fosters authentic Christ-Centered relationships with people of various backgrounds and an inviting environment and empowers historically marginalized groups and indigenous populations (within the local context), through active listening, inclusion, advocacy of those who are vulnerable and respect of others’ experiences. (Kingdom Inspired Diversity).
Credentials Required & Preferred Education
- A college degree in sales, marketing, business administration, or other related fields is preferred.
- Prior experience in development is strongly preferred.
The learning curve for this position will require at least one full annual cycle.
TRAINING PROVIDED: This role requires training in the See The Story/Be The Story /YFC Champions Playbook pending Best Practice. This on-demand virtual training is provided by the Leader Formation Department and will include resources to help fulfill the responsibilities of this role.
YFC is classified as an Association of Churches and as such our hiring practices reflect that designation. As a religious nonprofit organization, Youth For Christ incorporates within each leader role, the requirement to model, teach, share and live the faith. The relationship between YFC’s mission and each of its leaders is its lifeblood and as such does at all times and in all instances reserve the right to make employment decisions based upon a person’s religious beliefs, personal character and lifestyle consistent with our understanding of the Bible or with our overall goals and requirements for Christian ministry.
We seek to create a workplace that is intentional about Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Our commitment to our employees extends to their opportunities for growth, development, promotion, training and compensation.
We will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to the organization.