August 24, 2022
Location / Chapter
Working directly under the Interim Executive Director and alongside the Ministry Director, this position is primarily responsible for, but not limited to, managing the Seattle Area Youth for Christ office, human resources, volunteer processing, giving partner engagement, Board of Directors communication and meeting coordination, and event planning.
Administrative Coordinator (45%):
● Manage the day-to-day operations of Seattle Area Youth for Christ to include donation pick up/processing/bank entry, communication with YFC/USA and receipting as needed.
● Maintain comprehensive and accurate records in Sales Force and other information management programs.
● Organize meetings, including scheduling, sending reminders, and catering when necessary.
● Answer phone calls in a polite and professional manner and follow up when needed.
● Maintain and update Seattle YFC website and social media channels.
● Track expenses for ministry sites and process receipts for staff.
Community Engagement Coordinator (45%):
● Work with the Executive Director and Ministry Director to develop the See the Story/Be the Story program at Seattle YFC, working towards monthly See the Story gatherings and an annual Be the Story Event.
● Develop and maintain the fund development calendar to include production and timing of external communications, events, grants, etc.
● Manage invites and RSVPs to all events.
● Coordinates follow up with attendees of all events, and respondents of all communication, entering information into Sales Force database, cultivating relationships with new partners, leading them to involvement.
Board of Directors (10%):
1. Be a great storyteller—each YFC staff should be ready and willing to share the mission of YFC and stories of young people making steps towards Jesus in a clear and compelling presentation. YFC staff will be given opportunities to share their stories in different venues such as the Banquet, See the Story events, and smaller gatherings.
2. Coach volunteers to raise up young people to be great storytellers—YFC staff will equip volunteers to raise up young people who can clearly articulate their journey with Jesus to both fellow peers and adults.
3. Invite your circle of influence—YFC staff will invite friends and family to events where the mission of YFC as well as volunteer, prayer, and financial partnership opportunities are presented.
While a specific money amount is not attached to this expectation, we work towards a common goal of asking the Father to provide the financial resources necessary to reach more 11-19 year olds across King and Snohomish counties with the life transforming hope found in Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit is the one who moves in peoples’ hearts to invest financially. Therefore, we will measure your activity and effort towards being a storyteller, coaching storytellers, and inviting others to this mission.
Knowledge & Skills
Because the overriding religious purpose and mission of Youth for Christ USA is to communicate and introduce the Gospel of Jesus Christ to young people and their families, and in that regard to make, educate and encourage life-long disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ, it is very important that you as an employee in the movement of Youth for Christ be recognized as an associate minister of the Gospel.
As an employee of Youth for Christ and a minister of the Gospel, YFC expects all employees to:
● Seek God’s guidance and wisdom, through prayer and meditation, for the organization as a whole as well as for specific ministry initiatives.
● Participate and lead regular times of prayer, devotion and worship as a regular aspect of your role within YFC.
YFC is classified as an Association of Churches and as such our hiring practices reflect that designation. As a religious nonprofit organization, Youth For Christ incorporates within each leader role, the requirement to model, teach, share and live the faith. The relationship between YFC’s mission and each of its leaders is its lifeblood and as such does at all times and in all instances reserve the right to make employment decisions based upon a person’s religious beliefs, personal character and lifestyle consistent with our understanding of the Bible or with our overall goals and requirements for Christian ministry.
We seek to create a workplace that is intentional about Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Our commitment to our employees extends to their opportunities for growth, development, promotion, training and compensation.
We will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to the organization.