Supervisor: Executive Director
Supervises: Operations, Facilities, Development, Finance teams
GOAL: To advance the mission of Central Ohio Youth for Christ, including subsidiaries and affiliates, by overseeing shared services teams which support all ministries.
- Oversee and participate as needed in the general running of the COYFC office including supervision of Operations team.
- Lead the Shared Services team to excellence in supporting the various ministry needs of all other divisions
- Responsible to oversee maintenance of physical assets (vehicles, computers, office equipment, physical facilities, etc.)
- Own and implement internal communications across all COYFC ministries
- Manage partner relationships for IT oversight across COYFC
- Fulfill staff administrative responsibilities
- Fulfill staff spiritual responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Operations Team Leadership, Management, and Accountability
- Ensure that all annual departmental responsibilities are achieved with excellence and continual improvement
- Ensure strategic plan objectives are achieved that relate to this department
- Create, monitor and review performance metrics for each staff person quarterly
- Ensure all staff are supervised at a bi-monthly frequency
- Provide regular bi-weekly supervision
- Develop and produce regular reports for organization
- Oversee the development of and upgrading of systems as needed
- Keep departmental expenses under budget
Shared Services Team Leadership
- Supervise Donor Perfect administrator’s work to track donations
- Oversee administrative support for development efforts
- Produce regular and special reports for development staff
- Oversee internal workload to produce regular mailings
- Oversee the development and upgrading of systems
Organization Planning Systems
- Oversee development and compilation of annual budget
- Oversee development and compilation of annual strategic plan revision
- Oversee development and compilation of annual operational plan (MBO's)
- Oversee annual audit and chartering process
General Office Systems
- Oversee office systems, supplies, and procedures
- Oversee phones
- Develop and maintain a purchasing system
- Oversee the development and upgrading of all office systems
Maintain Physical Assets
- Phones, computers, network
- Physical office space, facilities
- Organize and grow YFC resource room
Because COYFC and its subsidiaries are a part of the same faith-based organization and share a faith mission and set of values, we require all employees to consistently apply and live according to the religious mission and theological beliefs. Each staff member, regardless of role, is asked to:
- Articulate and uphold COYFC religious beliefs and practices at work and outside of work. Each employee serves to represent the religious message and mission of COYFC (as outlined in the Statement of Faith and Mission) to the broader community.
- Be ready and willing to lead and contribute to distinctly Christian activities.
- Participate in and lead regular times of prayer, devotion and Bible teaching as a regular aspect of your role within YFC
- Seek God’s guidance and wisdom, through prayer and meditation, for the organization as a whole as well as for specific ministry initiatives
- Regularly pray for and share spiritual content with existing and prospective donors to COYFC
YFC is classified as an Association of Churches and as such our hiring practices reflect that designation. As a religious nonprofit organization, Youth For Christ incorporates within each leader role, the requirement to model, teach, share and live the faith. The relationship between YFC’s mission and each of its leaders is its lifeblood and as such does at all times and in all instances reserve the right to make employment decisions based upon a person’s religious beliefs, personal character and lifestyle consistent with our understanding of the Bible or with our overall goals and requirements for Christian ministry.
We seek to create a workplace that is intentional about Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Our commitment to our employees extends to their opportunities for growth, development, promotion, training and compensation.
We will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to the organization.