The Campus Life Site Director is to oversee a ministry that engages adults in authentic Christ-sharing relationships with lost teens by recruiting, training, & supporting volunteers and student leaders to reach young people.
The Campus Life Ministry Site Director is a position that requires spiritual and organizational leadership skills, the ability to work with and through other people, and strong communication skills. S/he must embrace and build a team that embodies YFC’s Cultural Attributes: Christ-centered, enduring humility, relentless trust, courageous faithfulness, joyful camaraderie, and kingdom inspired diversity. S/he will seek to implement relational ministry actions to develop Authentic Christ-Sharing Relationships with young people within the context of their YFC ministry model.
- Spend a minimum of 15 minutes in devotion, prayer, and worship daily
- Ensure prayer walks at your school, praying with your volunteer team, & sending out prayer requests
- Execute evangelism and discipleship on a regular basis with youth through a team of committed volunteers & student leaders (Core students)
- Build a culture of positivity, holy ambition, integrity, and grit among Campus Life site volunteers
- Check and respond to emails and texts, including Whatsapp
- Attend CL Staff Meetings, plan & lead site volunteer meetings and/or individual check-ins
- Promote ministry & development events, including follow-up
- Fill out time sheets weekly and turn into supervisor for check-in
- Narnia upkeep & organization
- Attend bi-weekly one-on-one supervisory & coaching meetings with CL HS Director
- Record site info into Beta tracker, Gospel/Appointment tracker and Impact; review this information and use it to inform site strategy & process
- Adapt curriculum as needed
- Ensure that you & your volunteers are completing RMA's: Contacting, Building Time, Appointments, Small Groups, Clubs, & Trips on a regular basis
- Attend CL HS camp(s) and/or retreats annually
- Perform fundraising duties including one-on-one appointments, sending newsletters, working on fundraising events, etc.
- Fill in Donor Care and Donation Tracking Charts
- Host two dates and share invitations for See the Story events
- Inform CL HS Director of staff development progress & reports
- Represent YFC at events as needed
Direct Ministry Duties
- Lead Campus Life ministry RMA's through a team of volunteers at one local school
- Update Impact for relevant site
Because the overriding religious purpose and mission of Youth for Christ USA is to communicate and introduce the Gospel of Jesus Christ to young people and their families, and in that regard to make, educate and encourage life-long disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ, it is very important that you as an employee in the movement of Youth for Christ be recognized as an associate minister of the Gospel.
As an employee of Youth for Christ and an associate minister of the Gospel, YFC expects all employees to:
- Seek God’s guidance and wisdom, through prayer and meditation, for the organization as a whole as well as for specific ministry initiatives.
- Participate and lead regular times of prayer, devotion and worship as a regular aspect of your role within YFC.
- Teach and preach from the Holy Bible at YFC staff meetings, conferences, camps and events.
- Model empathy, humility and care for all people. This includes promoting equity and inclusion in word and in the practice of faith expression. YFC employees will have an opportunity to be commissioned or licensed as a minister of the Gospel through the established Youth for Christ process, and/or ordained by an outside body recognized by Youth for Christ USA.
Knowledge & Skills
- Must be able to work independently and lead a team of volunteers
- Embraces the vision, mission and Statement of Faith of Youth for Christ
- Participation in YFC’s Blueprint for Leadership
- Understands YFC’s 5 Essentials and leads through this model
- Strong moral character and of good repute
- Connect well with youth
- Well-spoken in front of youth and adults
- Manage a team of diverse volunteers
- Honors and pursues diversity of gifts, cultures and ethnicities
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Good relationship building skills with adults and young people
- Perseverance through opposition and obstacles
Our cultural attributes are not about competency. It is an obedience to the call of Christ on our lives. YFC believes that spiritually healthy adults fosters healthy relationships with our kids. We place a heavy commitment and emphasis on developing and equipping a Christ-centered life marked by Enduring Humility, Relentless Trust, Joyful Camaraderie, Courageous Faithfulness and Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Willing to demonstrate and/or possesses the following:
- Ability to humbly serve and honor others even in difficult situations with prayer, consistency, transparency, and resilience. (Enduring Humility)
- Demonstrates proper reliance on God, others, and self through generous giving of time and skills, by collaboratively incorporating others’ ideas, welcoming candid input, recognizing others’ need for grace and extending forgiveness and empathy. (Relentless Trust)
- Prioritizes others’ needs for a missional outcome, characterized by joy, with active listening and problem-solving skills, while encouraging and empowering fellow believers. (Joyful Camaraderie)
- Trusts God with new approaches and changes, and communicates needs and limits with emotional intelligence, while seeking confidence and wisdom in Christ. (Courageous Faithfulness)
- Seeks authentic Christ-Centered relationships with people of various backgrounds, fosters an inviting environment and empowers historically marginalized groups and indigenous populations (within the local context), through active listening, inclusion, advocacy for those who are vulnerable and respect of others’ experiences. (Kingdom Inspired Diversity)
Credentials Required & Preferred Education
- High school diploma or GED required
- AA or BA preferred
- Youth Ministry or Youth Education experience preferred
All YFC employees are expected to regularly and actively participate in faithful activities that advance the stewardship functions of YFC USA. These activities will include—but are not limited to— extending invitations to fund raising events, recruiting personal circle of influence/YFC donor contacts, sending letters, handwritten notes, personal calls, and personally ministering to donor contacts.
YFC is classified as an Association of Churches and as such our hiring practices reflect that designation. As a religious nonprofit organization, Youth For Christ incorporates within each leader role, the requirement to model, teach, share and live the faith. The relationship between YFC’s mission and each of its leaders is its lifeblood and as such does at all times and in all instances reserve the right to make employment decisions based upon a person’s religious beliefs, personal character and lifestyle consistent with our understanding of the Bible or with our overall goals and requirements for Christian ministry.
We seek to create a workplace that is intentional about Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Our commitment to our employees extends to their opportunities for growth, development, promotion, training and compensation.
We will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to the organization.