April 28, 2022
Location / Chapter
Tulare Kings Counties Area
$16.50 / hour
40 / week
1. Good rapport with the community at large.
2. Agrees with the vision of Campus Life
3. Fulfill educational requirements as set by Campus Life, USA
4. Proficient with use of computers and use of Google Apps, and email
5. Able to complete the screening and selection process of Campus Life
6. Complete curriculum training as directed.
Because the overriding religious purpose and mission of Youth for Christ USA is to communicate and introduce the Gospel of Jesus Christ to young people and their families, and in that regard to make, educate and encourage life-long disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ, it is very important that you as an employee in the movement of Youth for Christ be recognized as an associate minister of the Gospel.
As an employee of Youth for Christ / Campus Life and an associate minister of the Gospel, YFC expects all employees to:
· Seek God’s guidance and wisdom, through prayer and meditation, for the organization as a whole as well as for specific ministry initiatives.
· Participate and lead regular times of prayer, devotion and worship as a regular aspect of your role within YFC.
· Teach and preach from the Holy Bible at YFC staff meetings, conferences, camps and events.
Additionally, YFC / Campus Life employees will have an opportunity to be commissioned or licensed as a minister of the Gospel through the established Youth for Christ process, and/or ordained by an outside body recognized by Youth for Christ USA. As such, the following additional responsibilities of a spiritual nature will apply to this position:
· Perform sacramental functions such as the taking of communion and leading times of corporate prayer, confession and praise.
Perform and lead religious ceremonies such as weddings, baptism and funerals when called upon by staff and other members of the YFC / Campus Life community.
1. Provide quality services to Dinuba Unified School District for mentoring:
[ ] 5th & 6th grade students at Wilson, Kennedy, Roosevelt, Grandview, & Jefferson Schools
[ ] 7th & 8th Grade students at Washington
[ ] 9th & 12th Grade students at Dinuba High School
2. Provide mentoring services to 4th grade students on a case-by-case basis as directed by the school site, district social worker. (For elementary schools only)
3. Be available as communicated to by each school administration staff to meet with students during schools hours (individuals and/or small groups)
4. Network with each school site district social worker.
5. Provide home visits as needed for to enhance the effectiveness of the mentoring services to the students.
a. Always go with a partner to home visits.
b. Document all home visits.
6. Provide cognitive, and ethical intervention and development through mentoring students using “Character Counts” curriculum.
b. Provide quality, wholesome activities to students
c. Provide small group discussion opportunities to care for the needs of students as needed.
d. Provide activities for social and emotional development
7. Serve the needs of students in the Dinuba Unified School District
8. Be involved in the Campus Life Youth Center Ministry as directed by the Dinuba Ministry Director.
9. Work with the team leader to document all mentoring activities and interventions to formulate a measurable result to determine the effectiveness of the Mentoring Program at the end of the year.
a. Use the Campus Life Google Docs forms to build and document your caseload daily.
b. Provide monthly updates on the data collected and send to team leader.
10. Be involved with Campus Life fund raising for finances for Campus Life services.
11. Communicate regularly with the Team Leader in regards to needs, results, and personal needs.
12. Develop community relationships with each area to support the vision and mission of Campus Life.
13. Help to promote, recruit, develop, and maintain Campus Life Mentor Teams including training, fundraising, and leadership of projects
14. All other responsibilities as listed by Campus Life, USA
10. Regularly log and report data for tracking purposes
11. Maintain an excellent reputation in the community as you are a representative of Campus Life
12. Understand that you are a mandated reporter and communicate all reportable issues to the Team leader and the Executive Director, and then make report to CPS or police dept.
Knowledge & Skills
Our cultural attributes are not about competency. It is an obedience to the call of Christ on our lives. YFC believes that spiritually healthy adults fosters healthy relationships with our kids. We place a heavy commitment and emphasis on developing and equipping a Christ-centered life marked by Enduring Humility, Relentless Trust, Joyful Camaraderie, Courageous Faithfulness and Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Willing to demonstrate and/or possesses the following:
Credentials Required & Preferred Education
All YFC employees are expected to regularly and actively participate in faithful activities that advance the stewardship functions of YFC USA. These activities will include—but are not limited to— extending invitations to fund raising events, recruiting personal circle of influence/YFC donor contacts, sending letters, handwritten notes, personal calls, and personally ministering to donor contacts.
2 weeks Vacation after one year employment
YFC is classified as an Association of Churches and as such our hiring practices reflect that designation. As a religious nonprofit organization, Youth For Christ incorporates within each leader role, the requirement to model, teach, share and live the faith. The relationship between YFC’s mission and each of its leaders is its lifeblood and as such does at all times and in all instances reserve the right to make employment decisions based upon a person’s religious beliefs, personal character and lifestyle consistent with our understanding of the Bible or with our overall goals and requirements for Christian ministry.
We seek to create a workplace that is intentional about Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Our commitment to our employees extends to their opportunities for growth, development, promotion, training and compensation.
We will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to the organization.