This position exists to reach 11-14 year olds with the Gospel through authentic Christ-sharing relationships by leading Campus Life ministry within the local community. This includes casting vision, implementing strategies, establishing fruitful and sustainable ministry while maintaining YFC USA’s policies for compliance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Five Essentials for Fruitful & Sustainable Ministry
- Widespread Prayer | Deliberately engage lots of Christians to intercede on behalf of the ministry site.
- Loving Relationships | Consistently pursue lost kids & engage them in lifelong relationships with Jesus using relational ministry actions (RMAS).
- Faithful Bible Teaching | Accurately handle Biblical truth & regularly coach kids to apply it in their lives.
- Collaborative Community Strategy | Intentionally work together with local churches, agencies, & other partners to provide sustainable youth & family ministry.
- Adults Who Empower (AWE) | Strategically develop leaders to reach young people from every people group.
Direct Ministry With Students
- Implement YFC's Relational Ministry Actions (RMA) Framework below to develop authentic Christ-sharing relationships with young people.
- Contacting | Meet new students, learn names & develop relationships through weekly school involvement, as well as other places where students gather
- Building times | Spend time in shared experiences with students to build new relationships and grow existing ones
- Appointments | Meet with students to focus on their individual needs
- Small groups | Meet with several students to have an interactive discussion about relevant topics & connect them to God’s truth
- Core | Develop a team of Christian leaders who together, follow Jesus in a way that naturally invites friends to discover Jesus with them
- Club | Create community with a welcoming, high energy, large group meeting designed to help lost people discover who Jesus is by connecting relevant topics to scripture
- Participate in trips and events
Direct Ministry With Volunteer Ministry Leaders
- Recruit, train and empower a team of ministry leaders to carry out weekly ministry using the RMAs
- Plan & prepare for club, meetings, events, etc.
- Attend weekly staff meetings, trip & event planning meetings, & meetings with supervisor as scheduled
- Complete weekly & monthly ministry reports
- Ensure that all ministry leaders complete & comply with annual training requirements
- Develop a community support team (CST) to join you in prayer, ministry, fundraising, & community relations
- Develop a strong relationship with the school system
- Develop relationships with pastors & youth workers to partner together in the mission
- Develop relationships & provide good communication & support with parents
- Conduct weekly appointments with like minded partners
Youth for Christ is a Christian faith-based, 501c3 organization that requires all staff to be actively living out their Christian faith and committed to a local church body.
Because the overriding religious purpose and mission of Youth for Christ USA is to communicate and introduce the Gospel of Jesus Christ to young people and their families, and in that regard to make, educate and encourage lifelong disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ, it is very important that you as an employee in the movement of Youth for Christ be recognized as an associate minister of the Gospel.
As an employee of Youth for Christ and an associate minister of the Gospel, YFC expects all employees to:
- Seek God’s guidance and wisdom, through prayer and meditation, for the organization as a whole as well as for specific ministry initiatives.
- Participate and lead regular times of prayer, devotion and worship as a regular aspect of your role within YFC.
- Teach and preach from the Holy Bible at YFC staff meetings, conferences, camps and events.
- Model empathy, humility and care for all people. This includes promoting equity and inclusion in word and in the practice of facial expression.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in youth ministry (preferred)
QUALITIES/SKILLS WE VALUE
- An authentic and abiding personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Passionate about seeing lost young teens find hope in Jesus
- A genuine hope for community transformation
- Ability to coach, motivate, and lead teams of adults, volunteers, and student leaders
- Spirit of collaboration with like-minded partners (individuals, churches, businesses)
- High level of spiritual & emotional maturity
- Strong interpersonal communication & problem solving skills
- Teachable team player
- Motivated self-starter
- Ability to learn mission & relationship based fundraising techniques
Our cultural attributes are not about competency. It is an obedience to the call of Christ on our lives. YFC believes that spiritually healthy adults foster healthy relationships with our kids. We place a heavy commitment and emphasis on developing and equipping a Christ-centered life marked by Enduring Humility, Relentless Trust, Joyful Camaraderie, Courageous Faithfulness and Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Willing to demonstrate and/or possesses the following:
- Ability to humbly serve and honor others even in difficult situations with prayer, consistency, transparency, and resilience. (Enduring Humility)
- Demonstrates proper reliance on God, others, and self through generous giving of time and skills, by collaboratively incorporating others’ ideas, welcoming candid input, recognizing others’ need for grace and extending forgiveness and empathy. (Relentless Trust)
- Prioritizes others’ needs for a missional outcome, characterized by joy, with active listening and problem-solving skills, while encouraging and empowering fellow believers. (Joyful Camaraderie)
- Trusts God with new approaches and changes, and communicates needs and limits with emotional intelligence, while seeking confidence and wisdom in Christ. (Courageous Faithfulness)
- Seeks authentic Christ-Centered relationships with people of various backgrounds, fosters an inviting environment and empowers historically marginalized groups and indigenous populations (within the local context), through active listening, inclusion, advocacy for those who are vulnerable and respect of others’ experiences. (Kingdom Inspired Diversity)
Click here to see the full job description.
YFC is classified as an Association of Churches and as such our hiring practices reflect that designation. As a religious nonprofit organization, Youth For Christ incorporates within each leader role, the requirement to model, teach, share and live the faith. The relationship between YFC’s mission and each of its leaders is its lifeblood and as such does at all times and in all instances reserve the right to make employment decisions based upon a person’s religious beliefs, personal character and lifestyle consistent with our understanding of the Bible or with our overall goals and requirements for Christian ministry.
We seek to create a workplace that is intentional about Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Our commitment to our employees extends to their opportunities for growth, development, promotion, training and compensation.
We will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to the organization.