May 9, 2023
Location / Chapter
South Central Minnesota Area
Prairie River Camp
Other Ministry Model
$ 36,000.00 Plus Some Missionary Support
Prairie River Camp reaches young people everywhere, working together with the local church and other like-minded partners to raise up lifelong followers of Jesus who lead by their godliness in lifestyle, devotion to the Word of God and prayer, passion for sharing the love of Christ and commitment to social involvement.
Primary duties of the Camp Director will consist of overseeing the ministry of programmed camps, coordinating and facilitating retreat and guest groups, and effectively overseeing the administration of the camp as a whole. Additional duties will consist of fund development, public relations, and staff development. This position will have oversight over other full and part time staff, summer staff and volunteers.
As a leader in this ministry, the Camp Director should exhibit the following characteristics:
• An absolutely surrendered follower of Jesus Christ who is committed to his Lordship, humble, prayerful, and seeks out guidance for life from God’s Word.
• A strong desire to see the outdoors used as a tool to share the life changing message of Jesus Christ.
• High level or organization and self-motivation. Detail oriented.
• The ability to prioritize tasks and work through them in an efficient manner.
• The desire and ability to lead and manage other worker and volunteers in a clear and encouraging manner.
• A clear communicator who is able to interact with guests provide resources for them.
• Friendly, supportive, servant-leader.
• A team player who wholly supports and engages in the mission of the organization.
• Ability to direct multiple projects and work crews.
• Ability to work independently.
• Diligent in project completion and overseeing the same.
• Organized initiator.
Programmed Camp Ministry:
Building partnerships with churches and other like-minded partners to reach young people.
Planning the theme, direction, and ministry focus of all programmed camps.
Facilitating Guest Groups & Retreats:
Provide clear rental information through various outlets regarding Prairie
All Youth For Christ regular full time employees will be given the opportunity to be involved in the Stewardship functions of South Central Minnesota Youth For Christ (hereafter SCMYFC, or YFC.) These opportunities could include fund raising events, circle of influence/YFC donor contacts, and other opportunities as provided.
Because the overriding religious purpose and mission of SCMYFC is to communicate and introduce the Gospel of Jesus Christ to young people and their families, and in that regard to make, educate and encourage life-long disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ, it is very important that you as an employee in the movement of YFC be recognized as an associate minister of the Gospel.
As an employee of YFC and an associate minister of the Gospel, YFC expects all employees to:
Knowledge & Skills
3+ years of administrative leadership or management experience – preferably in camp ministry.
On the Job Training
Microsoft Office Suite
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
YFC is classified as an Association of Churches and as such our hiring practices reflect that designation. As a religious nonprofit organization, Youth For Christ incorporates within each leader role, the requirement to model, teach, share and live the faith. The relationship between YFC’s mission and each of its leaders is its lifeblood and as such does at all times and in all instances reserve the right to make employment decisions based upon a person’s religious beliefs, personal character and lifestyle consistent with our understanding of the Bible or with our overall goals and requirements for Christian ministry.
We seek to create a workplace that is intentional about Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Our commitment to our employees extends to their opportunities for growth, development, promotion, training and compensation.
We will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to the organization.