September 1, 2023
Location / Chapter
Tulare Kings Counties Area
$50K - $55K
40 hours / week
The Assistant Director is the assistant to the Executive Director of the YFC ministry. The Director leads and manages the work, including where direct ministry with kids is still a big part of the job. In doing so, the Director also multiplies his or her own efforts by building leadership—recruiting, training, equipping, empowering and overseeing their ministries. This means that the director beats the drum in the community for young people and in reaching them for Christ and the Assistant Director will be in training to take the Executive Director position.
The role of the Assistant Director will be to learn the responsibilities of the Executive Director so as to be able to able to assume the role of the Executive Director after one year as the assistant. The Executive Director will then assume the role of the assistant director to support the new Executive Director. So it is necessary to understand the job description of the ED and work to be ready to assume the new leadership role after one year’s employment.
Servant Leadership is the model by which our leadership team leads. In the same way Christ modeled servant leadership, we too will lead by serving our team to help them be successful in ministry to teenagers.
1. Born again believer in Jesus Christ as personal savior
2. Growing in his or her faith
3. Active in a local church body.
4. Good rapport with the community at large.
5. Agrees with the Statement of Faith as published by Youth For Christ USA.
6. Minimum of College degree (B.A. or B.S.)
7. Proficient with use of computers and use of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Google Drive
Because the overriding religious purpose and mission of Youth for Christ USA is to communicate and introduce the Gospel of Jesus Christ to young people and their families, and in that regard to make, educate and encourage life-long disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ, it is very important that you as an employee in the movement of Youth for Christ be recognized as an associate minister of the Gospel.
As an employee of Youth for Christ / Campus Life and an associate minister of the Gospel, YFC expects all employees to:
· Seek God’s guidance and wisdom, through prayer and meditation, for the organization as a whole as well as for specific ministry initiatives.
· Participate and lead regular times of prayer, devotion and worship as a regular aspect of your role within YFC.
· Teach and preach from the Holy Bible at YFC staff meetings, conferences, camps and events.
Additionally, YFC / Campus Life employees will have an opportunity to be commissioned or licensed as a minister of the Gospel through the established Youth for Christ process, and/or ordained by an outside body recognized by Youth for Christ USA. As such, the following additional responsibilities of a spiritual nature will apply to this position:
· Perform sacramental functions such as the taking of communion and leading times of corporate prayer, confession and praise.
Perform and lead religious ceremonies such as weddings, baptism and funerals when called upon by staff and other members of the YFC / Campus Life community.
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
The Assistant Director’s major focus is to learn the responsibilities of the Executive Director which is listed below “Other focus responsibilities.”
Other focus responsibilities of the Assistant Director will include:
1. Team Lead for Tulare / Pixley Ministry
a. Give leadership and support to the Pixley team and ministry
b. Recruit, develop, train, and support the volunteer team for Tulare Ministry
2. Team Lead for Farmersville Ministry
a. Give leadership and support to the Farmersville team and ministry
b. Recruit, develop, train, and support the volunteer team for Farmersville Ministry
3. Support the Visalia Team Lead as directed by the Executive Director
a. Extra support on campuses
b. Keeping team lead and staff accountable for documentation of services to school district.
4. Be on school campuses throughout our chapter to bring extra support to staff team
5. Complete training as needed with YFC, USA.
6. Be involved with Campus Life fund raising for finances for Campus Life services.
7. Develop community relationships with each area to support the vision and mission of Campus Life.
8. Help to promote, recruit, develop, and maintain Campus Life Mentor Teams including training, fundraising, and leadership of projects
9. All other responsibilities as listed by YFC, USA
9. Regularly log and report data for tracking purposes
10. Maintain an excellent reputation in the community as you are a representative of Campus Life
11. Understand that you are a mandated reporter and communicate all reportable issues to the Team leader and the Executive Director, and then make report to CPS or police dept.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR JOB DESCRIPTION:
The executive director's ministry is a serious responsibility, one that normally cannot be accomplished in a 40-hour week. As a job, it is demanding in its expectations and requirements. As spiritual work it requires a healthy abiding relationship with Jesus Christ. In fulfilling the director's role, there are eight key result areas that require attention. Whether done directly, or through other people, "the buck stops" on the director's desk in seeing that the work expressed in these areas gets done.
i. Campus Life (Youth Center and Student Campus Clubs)
ii. City Life (Mentoring Programs with School Districts)
iii. Parent Life (Hanford)
iv. Juvenile Justice Ministries (Kings County Juvenile Hall)
i. Write Annual MOU Contracts for District Approval
ii. Regular meetings with Admin and District staff to insure expectations are being met.
iii. Attend School Board Meetings as needed
iv. Recruit and manage staff teams with leadership from Team Leaders for each school district.
The percentage of time that the executive director spends in each of these activities will differ depending on the time of year. The Executive Director has the discretion to delegate many of these responsibilities to the staff team as needed.
[As the leader of a YFC Launch Chapter, you are responsible to meet fundraising goals and maintain a predetermined account balance for your chapter. This includes developing and implementing a development plan as indicated above which is consummate with the overall objectives of the annual budget(s). All fundraising activities, donor development and events must follow YFC USA’s policies and procedures.]
All YFC employees are expected to regularly and actively participate in faithful activities that advance the stewardship functions of YFC USA. These activities will include—but are not limited to— extending invitations to fund raising events, recruiting personal circle of influence/YFC donor contacts, sending letters, handwritten notes, personal calls, and personally ministering to donor contacts.
Knowledge & Skills
Willing to demonstrate and/or possesses the following:
Credentials Required & Preferred Education
Medical Health Insurance Reimbursement
2 weeks vacation after one year employment
YFC is classified as an Association of Churches and as such our hiring practices reflect that designation. As a religious nonprofit organization, Youth For Christ incorporates within each leader role, the requirement to model, teach, share and live the faith. The relationship between YFC’s mission and each of its leaders is its lifeblood and as such does at all times and in all instances reserve the right to make employment decisions based upon a person’s religious beliefs, personal character and lifestyle consistent with our understanding of the Bible or with our overall goals and requirements for Christian ministry.
We seek to create a workplace that is intentional about Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Our commitment to our employees extends to their opportunities for growth, development, promotion, training and compensation.
We will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to the organization.